Our New TD

Home Forums General Discussion Our New TD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Don Shively
    Participant

@don-shively

Greetings!

Just bought a TD replica with a Fiberlab body. I love it! Unfornunately, the dishonest VW shop that “got the car running perfectly” for the 85 year-old gentleman who owned it, actually stole parts off of it and may indeed have switched the whole engine! 

I badly need a place to go to for ordering replacement medalions, window defroster edgings, windshield wiper blades (’74 VW) and accelerator cable, to name but a few things. 

The seller is fine but angry. I managed to calm him down and told him I was just honored to have the completed car.  He’s not long for this world but would like to see “baby” restored to it’s former, safe glory. The sticking accelerator cable they had made from bailing wire had almost killed my wife and me.

Any help would be appreciated.  Don Shively daweezel@cox.net

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Don, I moved this post to a new topic.

Where are you located?…and we’ll try to zero in on a reputable local VW shop.

There are several online vendors of real reproduction and NOS MG-TD parts for sprucing up the trim. Moss Motors and Victoria British are two. They are not cheap.

Luckily, there are MANY air cooled VW vendors online, Peek Performance, Wolfsburg West, Air Cooled.Net, Chirco, West Coast Metric, CIP 1, to mention but a few. Buy an issue of Hot VW’s and Dune Buggy’s magazine and you’ll find a lot more.

Unfortunately all of the TD replica kit makers are long gone or no longer producing them. So, body and trim parts are for the most part “do-it-yourself”. However, MG Magic, listed in the vendor area of the forum has stock piled a lot of TD replica kit parts. So you may find some of the stuff you need there.

Pink MG39986.5824074074

samyer
    Participant

@samyer

Hi Don,

I just sent you an email.  I am a nuclear worker also! 

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Nuclear workers…I’ll bet you are both sick of Homer Simpson jokes too!

samyer
    Participant

@samyer

Pink:

Actually I love them – – they hit the nail on the head

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hmmmm, that’s not very reassuring 😉

Don, get thee over to the registry and post the owner and vehicle details for me!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.