Pagoda Hillclimb 2023

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Pagoda Hillclimb 2023

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

This past weekend was the Pagoda Hillclimb in nearby Reading, PA. It was quite the spectacle. Saturday morning we were greeted by intermittent pouring rain. My first two runs I left my pit area to go to the start line with a light mist in the air. At the start line the skies opened up and I ran in a downpour. As the day went on the weather improved and though we had no more rain in the afternoon we had to deal with a wet roadway. Sunday, the Gods smiled and we had decent weather. The road dried out and a new hill record was set. After lunch I went out and set my own personal best time. I was very pleased with myself. The car performed flawlessly and I got it home in one piece.
    I’m posting two videos here. The first is the initial run on Saturday morning in the wet and the last run on Sunday afternoon which is my personal best. I hope you enjoy them.

I must note that the great Ed Ericson arrived and worked Turn 9 on Saturday. He weathered the rain without complaint and was a great asset as course workers are becoming scarce. Thanks, Ed.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Here’s a video from an unknown photographer showcasing the event. Very well done.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.