paint source & color

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits paint source & color

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dennis McOwen
    Participant

@den_mco

All:

Have a Classic Motor Carriage TD with a Chevette Engine.  Looking for the Gel Coat Manufacturer & color code.  The entire car is white.  PDF talks about repairing but doesn’t address the above.  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.  Only have a few spots to repair so I wasn’t looking at painting the whole car if I can get away with it.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

You could contact Street Beasts (formerly CMC). I doubt if they would know though.

Other than that it’s been nearly 25 years since these cars were manufactured. These CMC cars are “chopper gun” fiberglass and who the heck knows what Gel Coat they used.

Maybe a marine fiberglass repair outfit could help? Most good boatworks can steer you in the right direction.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

I pretty much suspect that even if you found the 25 year old color codes, they would no longer match due to fading.

You could probably just repair the ‘glass damage and a good auto paint shop could color match the current shade to a closer color than the original codes.

Dennis McOwen
    Participant

@den_mco

Thanks all for replying.  Did talk to Mike at the Street Beasts.  He is still there from Classic Carriages.  Said the same about too many color manfgrs & colors.  Did say that mine should be a cream white since it was built around 1985.  Going to boat repairs shops as well as paint shops.

CoffeyD
    Participant

@coffeyd

I had close incounter of the wrong kind with a large deer at night. Damaged my fiberglass front fenders. My repair shor took the door to paint supplier and they matched the color in gelcoat.

I had to paint both fenders and ave it faded in to match.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.