Pedal Assembly

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Pedal Assembly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jhbyrd
    Participant

@jhbyrd

Has anyone dealt with the pedal assembly on the VW kits? On my car the pedal stop for the clutch looks as though someone used a piece of mangled angle for it. Does this pedal stop work for the clutch as well as the brake pedal? Also, the brake pedal return spring is attached to the pedal and nothing on the other end?? Should the pedals in the resting postion by side by side? Oh what fun!

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

jhbyrd,
    The brake pedal spring has a hook on one end and a straight end on the other. The hooked end goes over the brake pedal post like you stated. The other end either sits against the floor pan or like mine fits underneath the pedal assembly and the floor pan.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

mike
    Participant

@mikeeva

i had to replace my pedal assembly .there are a couple posts and pics if you do a search on this site. found a good used one on ebay . basicly there are two different ones, early and late model. i think about 1968 and later have a mount for the gas pedal built onto it.
    that piece of  “mangled angle” is used to keeep the pedals from falling forward to the floor and the clutch cable coming loose in the tunnel.this is NOT a fun project. hope you can repair yours in place

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

When the brake and clutch pedal are not pressed in they should both be almost vertical and line up with each other. Not sure what your setup is. The pedal stop should be a nice bracket looking device that has an elongated hole to allow adjusting the pedal stop. Can’t remember if the pedal stop affects the clutch pedal.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Post photos, J byrd. I had my pedal assembly out of Bridget over the winter. bit of a PIA to remove and replace, but not nearly as bad as, say, rear torsion bar reindexing. Everything can be done by you with hand tools, most likely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.