Pedals height increased

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Pedals height increased

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

To increase pedal height, I dropped the floor 1 1/2 inches.  This puts floor to depth of frame rail.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Terrific Ric! Glad to see this worked out!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Very TD-ish solution. There is a rubber footwell liner you can get from Moss that replaces the same part on the originals–though they only sink about an inch. I have one in Bridget, as seen here. 

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Still have to adjust pads, but much easier to push pedals now.  I do like the roller pedal.  Where can they be gotten?

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Google “roller accelerator pedal” and you are going to find dozens of hits for the VW pedal assembly.

But I’m not seeing anything for Chevette or Pinto pedal assemblies.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I replaced the big roller with a small caster wheel to get it closer to the original TD size. If I had a Chevette stule gas pedal arm coming down I might think about welding the caster holder to the end of it and calling it a day.

Key is getting something narrow but workable. The only value of the roller, from a practial standpoint, is that it fits in that narrow footwell.
    ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

I removed the gas pedal, heated and bent it upwards.  I now have more clearance to push brake pedal and I can get the throttle fully open.  So I will not bother with a roller.  Pedal operation is much improved over the original setup.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Another happy ending!

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.