quiet in here, indeed. Badges?

Home Forums General Discussion quiet in here, indeed. Badges?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pullen
    Participant

@merlin

Yeah, it has gotten quite still.  I ‘m in the process of re-organizing my shop, which finally became so overcrowded that I could no longer tolerate it.  It’s a very large project:  a week of half days, a very long Sunday, and I’m about 1/2 done.  New benches and shelves, rebuild Shopsmith…the list goes on.  The good news is that I finally got in my employers face and negotiated a new arrangement. I will work like a dog for three weeks each month, but will have one full week and the two adjoining weekends off each month. Nine days a month to work on Merlin is what this is…I may finish this winter afterall.

You know, I’m 54 years old and I’ve pretty much worked slavishly since I was in my mid-twenties (before that I was an acid-head). I would guess that most people who build cars fall into the same general category of being somewhat “driven”. Finding time to do all the things I want to do has been a problem all of my life, but now I’m starting to feel the impending limitations of age and (hate to mention this) even death. Like I told my employer, “If not now, when?”

What about those badges we were all so excited about?

Michael

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘quiet in here, indeed. Badges?’ is closed to new replies.