Ready for Christmas

Home Forums General Discussion Ready for Christmas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

As some of you know I aquired this with the idea that it would be a great christmas gift for my wife, Another toy that we could enjoy together. Well I’ve rebuilt a carburator, freed up a transmission, Worked on the ignition system, Named her Ally, Met some of the best guys around, there was a time that I would go out to the garage turn the lights on and wait for friends to show up we’ld stand around kick tires, swap stories and offer encouragement. It was great. a few years back I put the toys aside, 2 boys growing up, I wanted to be there, Great kids today. Friends moved away or moved on to other things, I had forgotten the peace and serinity that exists as you fiddle. I have to say you all replaced to tire kickers, I’ll finish a project or hit a stumbling block, I’ll power up the laptop, log in, pop a cold one and your always there. Its been great meeting you all. I look forward to more tire kickin, story tellin, and learnin in the new year to come. This website is fabulous. Well, I guess the Christmas present was mine. I refound something thru you all that I never realized I forgot about. Thanks for the present, Merry Christmas, you all deserve it. 

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Thanks, well said, and right back at ya. This group really rocks

We may not be online all the time, but we are not far away. The vast amount of experience and knowledge as well as just plain old friendship is overwhelming. I have made some great friends and picked up some priceless information here. We all are problem solvers in various ways and delight in the success of others in our group. We have so many veterans with years of TD replica and mechanical knowledge. Knowledge you can’t find anywhere else. One ounce of experience worth one pound of book.

Richard….you’ve got a SERIOUS garage in your photos….I would love to have one like that

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice message Richard! Thank you.

Merry Christmas!

PS: I’m having a serious case of  garage envy too!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Richard and All,

Very nice car AND Garage!!!

I’ve been off the air for a while, focused on combatting the wicked “recession” and putting food on the table.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!! Can’t wait to get the little red machine back on the road this spring.

Rich

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

I cannot agree more with the sentiments expressed. As a fairly new owner I have gained quite a bit of knowledge that has helped us bring our car to running condition.

Christmas is our time to reflect, share, and join with friends and family to celebrate the largest holiday of the year. Mel and I will share dinner with our wives on Christmas day, a new friend that we have connected with rather quickly. God has been good to me, and we now have three vibrant grandchildren.

Thank you all for being here.

Greg Stickney

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

May I join in with a Merry Christmas to all of you as well!! As Greg has already stated , God has blessed me in so many ways this past year. We are looking forward to 5 pm when the family is coming for Christmas . It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!

Larry Murphy

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Merry Christmas to all. And Richard, your garage is bigger than mine! I did not think that was possible. Thanks to eeryone for all the help and encouragement. Hope to meet many of you at Carlisle in a few months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.