Rebuilt Engine installed tomorrow

Home Forums General Discussion Rebuilt Engine installed tomorrow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

My London Roadster should soon be back on the road. The engine has been rebuilt and should get installed tomorrow. It’s now a 1776 cc VW engine.

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Mark, Any details on the build? I am having an 1835 built with dual Kadrons and Pertronix II igniter ignition.

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I tried to fit those dual Kadrons, yet there wasn’t enough room in my engine bay without cutting into the body. So I went with a Delorto carb. Now that carb sits too high and I cannot fit an air cleaner on top of it to fit with the lid closed. Parts are ordered for a remote air cleaner.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

It turns out that my fan housing and engine tins were in pretty bad shape. I’m going to replace all of those.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Finally the car was delivered to its garage yesterday. I’m busy at work and haven’t been able to see it. Maybe I can see it this weekend.
    The engine builder says it will have 100 to 120 hp, which is more than enough for this car. About 3 weeks ago, we thought it was going to be ready, except that the brakes failed on a test drive. We went with an entire new brake system, replacing everything.

I can’t wait to drive it.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Fingers crossed for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.