Red on Red, 71 VW, Utah, $5k

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Red on Red, 71 VW, Utah, $5k

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter C. King
    Participant

@bdriver

You don’t often see ads for TDr’s in Utah.

This one has a red body, red interior, tan top. No side curtains. It’s based on a 71 VW chassis and was in storage for the last 12 years except for occasional rides. Buy it price is $5k. Starting bid is $4k.
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Fiberfab? Somebody put a lot of time/$ into the upholstery. Price looks right.
    EBay item #: 301319210885

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Sure is a good looker.  Here is the address to see more of it on e-bay, lots of pics.

Bill

Bad Bill

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looks nice….but….

Two tone interior is a matter of taste. I think it’s gonna make for a harder sell, but that’s just me.

The car sits way high in the rear. That could be a sign the body was improperly assembled. Sadly, I know this one from experience. My Duchess sits a little high (nto as bad as this car). Turns out the pan was not level when it was on jack stands. When I installed and leveled the rear subframe assembly, it ended up a bit out of kilter relative to the pan.

He’s running without an air filter. Well, technically, the filter is there. But the top is missing, so the carb is drawing unfiltered air. Not a good thing.

And why does the owner need a rock to hold the car in place?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

You got good eyes Paul, I missed that rock.

Bill

Bad Bill

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

It might be an optical illusion but it looks to me like the trim down the top of the hood is not perpendicular to the dash. 

If you use the tunnel as a reference, the top trim angles to the left and it makes the front end look like it is shifted to the left. 
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Tough crowd.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

I can only   imagine how my TDr would be 
    Critiqued  with this groupe:P
    jebarry2014-09-20 12:07:26

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

No worries John. I’m hardest on my own build!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thxz Paul, I admire all you  guys who  have the skill set to built their TDr

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.