Replacing side windows & top

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Replacing side windows & top

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave Barczak
    Participant

@dbar

I am interested in sourcing zip and snap side soft windows for my newly acquired 1959 MGTD.  Maybe the top too.  Are there aftermarket sources for the windows and the top?  It’s a FiberFab.  There may be a label on the top

The frame for the top is fine.  Top has a few small tears.

Thanks!

Keith True
    Participant

@keith-true

Unless you can find a trim shop close to you that can do it reasonably,you are going to have to buy a top and side curtain assembly.There were a lot of different tops built and side curtains are not available separately.I hear people talk about going to boat shops,but it does not work here.The LOW rate I have found here is $60.per hour.Shops here say they can spoil a whole day in patterning alone.But,it looks as if you have a good top pattern.I bought the last two from MG Magic in Fla.I paid under $600.each,and was glad I did.I have one made by a boat shop that was very well done,and very expensive.The problem is that it is humped way up in the rear,and is ugly.Click on the links page on the left to get the phone # for MG Magic.I don”t know any other source for parts.I contacted John York in Penn.and he no longer has any FibreFab stuff.Back in the day he assembled over 100 of those cars.

Dave Barczak
    Participant

@dbar

Thanks Keith!  I thought that may be the case.  I’ll let you know if I find another option.  I wonder if I had a window if it would make it easier to pattern and reproduce.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Replacing side windows & top’ is closed to new replies.