Respect Each Other

Home Forums Site Rules and Etiquette Respect Each Other

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I was going to remain quiet on this…but I cannot. It’s bothering me too much.

There are a lot of strong opinions expressed here on a variety of subjects. But from what I’ve seen and experienced, conversations have always been respectful. If  I saw anything else posted here, I would not hesitate to warn or ban the member who is acting up.

I received a disturbing private message a few days ago. 

A relatively new member asked me to delete his membership. He received an email (not a private message, a regular email) lambasting him for his VW opinions, telling him he was flat out wrong, and suggesting he keep his mouth shut here in the forums.

The email address he used here was one he shared with his wife. And unfortunately, she was so upset by the note, she deleted it before he could share it or the sender’s info with me.

Had he been able to tell me the sender, the sender would have been banned from TDReplica.com and his or her IP address and email address would have been blocked.

I’m shocked and offended that this happened at all. I hope and pray it never happens again.

I often welcome new members with “this is a great place, filled with friendly and knowledgeable people.” Please don’t make a liar out of me.

And I’m truly disappointed to have to remind you … keep it clean and respectful folks.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Thank you Paul.  Your stewardship of tdreplica.com has kept it clean, informative and fun , without the problems that I have seen on most other forums.  Your performance as our moderator has been superb.  

The unfortunate incident you mention is the exception here, not the rule and for that we are all grateful.  
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Ditto what Roy has said.
    Thank you.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Holy crap! Seems so out of character from everyone I’ve dealt with here, and even everything I’ve read going back from before I started posting.

Sorry you had to deal with that, Paul. And especially sorry the culprit was not identified. Hope he reads this thread & gets the idea.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks guys!

I truly don’t believe it was any of the “regulars” here.

Still sad that it happened.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Certainly would be nice to know who it was, so appropriate actions could be taken…

All I can say is that I’ve found you guys to be super helpful and super cordial!  Clap

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Man that was something unexpected. Everyone here has always been cordial and helpful even to a geezer like me. Hope it doesn’t happen again. Thanks Paul for handling the Admistrator duties. You’ve done a great job.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

That’s right Alllen. We’ve all been taught to respect our elders! Wink

Paul Mossberg

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Paul,

Thanks for bringing this up – please let the offended know that this is not how all of us act and give us another shot. Hopefully this was a one time situation.
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thx paul ..i hope the new member stayed with us… 

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Paul, Sorry you had to deal with this sort of thing. Just goes to show how one bad apple hurts the whole bushel. Thanks for the time you put in to keep this site what it is.This seems so out of character for the members of this forum.

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

Paul, 

I am a new member and my experience with this group has been all good.
    Did you know there is a way that they can recover the deleted message even if they have deleted them from the deleted file? If they are using Hotmail or Outlook they should go to their “Deleted” file and at the bottom of that file is a highlighted area that says” recover deleted messages”. Click on that and the deleted messages up to the recovery limit will be brought back to the deleted file.
    I hope this helps.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Not sure. But if he’s like me, when I delete something, it is because I want it deleted. I always clean out my trash bin or deleted items or whatever it happens to be called.

The recipient of the “love note” changed the email address he had on file here to one that he does not use much. I wrote to the newly listed email, hoping to hear back. Time will tell.

Paul Mossberg

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

I maybe didn’t make myself clear.  Even if you have emptied the trash/deleted bin and can’t find it anywhere, you can still recover the deleted massages by following what I wrote. I only know this works with Hotmail and Outlook… not sure about the others.

Robert J.Smith
    Participant

@smitty

Geeze Paul sorry about the bad apple. Well not bad but sour maybe

Marc Lipsius
    Participant

@mrlmd

I would never had expected anything like that since I have been on this site, (just about every day, reading through every thread and post on here since joining). That is truly disturbing and I hate to hear things like that. Everyone on here that I have read or conversed with has been super nice and extremely helpful, (and I hope maybe I have added a little too). but I always defer to those with more knowledge, and hope to learn from them, not criticize or lambaste them for a different opinion. I think everyone here feels the same. Sorry you had to put up with that, sorry you had to post that and tell the rest of us. That should never happen as we all have the same interests at heart.

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

Always respected the opinions of others, even if they differed from mine.  I’ve been reading this site daily, and commenting from time to time..  Bad apples are usually those who revel in annonomy.  Hope they learn from our reactions.  You ain’t wanted dude (or dudette)!

charlie
    Participant

@kschas

I to am very suprised. I have never seen anything like that on this site. Everyone here has always been great.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Is this the reason member info and avatars have disappeared?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

I may not post as often as I used to, but I check in pretty often to see if I can help or learn something.  My Duchess is running great,  used often, (not often enough!) and one reason it is the joy that it is is directly due to this site.  As I a newby, I never felt talked down to, and found everyone to be most respectful and helpful.
          I have known many cowards and bullys in my day and hate to see one here.  As much as I hope the bully who did this never posts again, I challenge him to post his BS in the open forum so we can show him the way.  But then again, bullys always hide when challenged.
         Hopefully the offended party and his wife know that Paul and the rest of us will not accept this behavior and that they should continue to feel free to depend on this great group. 

Remember,  you can’t teach a pig to sing!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Ringo! Good to see you, buddy!

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Thanks!  I’m around, just been spending a lot of time on my ’53 F100 project.  Whenever I need to clear my head it’s good to know the Duchess is there. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Bill, I see the avatars and member info. We haven’t changed anything.

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.