spanning

Home Forums General Discussion spanning

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

spanning the generations:

I  got the usually waves and thumbs up while driving around the island on this foggy  afternoon with    mah girls in the MG TD ….and then while  back home  in the driveway .. washing down the old faded green MG TD r..I get a shout-out from two neighborhood young teenage joggers going by my home    ..”Cool car!”..  

…from the 60’s to the teens … our Mg TD’s transcends generations..

jebarry2012-03-03 06:47:40

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

That looks fun, but a bit cold if your top was down.  It reminds me that I need to get my London Roadster windshield wipes working again.  My engine will soon be mounted and I’m itchin’ for a ride.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

My wife and i will take my car out for ice creem  or coffee sometimes for a bite to eat and it never fails when we come out to go home there is always people around it .Lots of times its 60 70 80 year old women. I figure that they remember it from when they were in their prime. Sometimes i refer to it as my chick magnet.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

That’s a great “fog” shot through the wind screen!

I’ve driven my TD through some of the worst weather I’ve ever driven any car in.
    Fun, in an odd sort of way.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I discovered how non-leak proof my London Roadster was on my initial drive home.  It rained in Seattle, in Oregon, and northern California until my windshield wipers died. Water was dripping and streaming on the inside of my windshield.  Luckily, we don’t get too many rainy days in Phoenix, and fog is even more rare, but I still want my wipers to get working again.  I think getting caught in the rain could be fun, if you don’t lose sight of the road or control of the car.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Save that photo for next year’s calendar, John. It’s a keeper.

Know what you mean about the attention. On Thursday I was out and about again with Bridget, knocking on doors in some Baltimore neighborhoods. It was around 3 pm and so some of the schools were letting out. The kids went wild. One girl asked me to stop so she could take a picture.

People want to talk to you when you’re driving it, so the car helps in reporting, too, I find.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Ed Thxzz I will tag and save  it ..

you know we have a cool car when kids wave and give you  a thumbs up  or yell ” cool car!!!”.

It takes alot to impress kids these days!

I have friends in Severna Park Md..I lived in the area on and off for 24 years..I would love to catch up with you and Bridget  this fall when I  get back up to the Baltimore area. 

BTW where did you get  your steering wheel for Bridget ..Would it be adaptable to my  V W steering  column?

thanks

john

jebarry2012-03-03 09:34:25

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

C’mon up, John. PM sent re the steering wheel. I got it at SoCal Customs. Spendy.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thanks Ed- I  will certainly  catch up with you when back in the Severna Park area…

the price tag on the steering wheel alone is too spendy for me.. much less adapting the wheel( not much of a machinest or gearhead.. LOLZ)..I appreciate the info.. I love the old style

thou

thanks again  Ed
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Here you go. $130 and it’ll bolt right up to your adapter. Not a fan of the stainless rim but it shouldn’t be tough to get a leather wrap for that & you’re good to go. Only possible issue is it’s dished 2.125 inches.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I think Flat 4 does a Banjo Steering wheel for VWs. Saw a black one on ebay not long ago.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Allen  and Ed  ..awesome   thxz so much !

Neil J Flaherty
    Participant

@profile57

Can someone help?  Clicked on links above, and get little starry deal with exclamation point in it.  What’s up with that?  Have been on the site for a couple of years,  Not seen this before…

Thanks Neil Flaherty
    ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Neil Were you trying the link to (here you go) ? I just tried it and it worked for me. Here try this one  

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The stainless wheel Ed posted is nice!

My only question…how are the spokes attached to the rim? Lot of pressure there in our non-power steering cars.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I was thinking the same–but on the hub side. Looks like welds. Looks like could be ground off and the wheel flattened…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.