TD Replica makes it into Newspaper

Home Forums General Discussion TD Replica makes it into Newspaper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

The local newspaper ran an article and pictures featuring our TD (Mrs. Peel). Floridians love TD’s

Mel

luvmytd40746.5111805556

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This is terrific Mel!

Will you scan the rest of the article so we can keep reading?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Mel, Great story!! Great car!!! You and Pauline look good ,a perfect match for the car.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Cool article Mel. makes me want to get my TD built but I have to remind myself to take my time and do it right. I want mine to come out looking as good as Mrs. Peel!

Hope you’re going to be at the Pasco County Bug Jam in November? I ALWAYS go to that one. Even from up here in middle GA. If you do then I can get an up close and personal look at Mrs. Peel. And we can talk TDs and the Villages.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Peter C. King
    Participant

@bdriver

Free PR is the best kind.

Newspaper editors are always looking for unusual stories. Local papers in particular have less to chose from than do the national publications. 

You might put your TD in the Sunday paper if you called the automotive editor and told him/her about your car. I put my Avanti on Car & Driver Television back in the day by sending an email to the producer and suggesting that he consider something other than GTO’s in the Classic Car segment.

That was a nice article. When can we see the rest of it?

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

The rest of the article is now with the original post, Thanks for the kind words. luvmytd40747.3294907407

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Great story!  Beautiful car too!! 

What wheels do you have?  My original baskets are showing their age and when I replace them I’m definately going with a true wire type (either bolt on or knock offs) also tring to decide whether to go with reverse off set like what is on it now or standard off set to put the wheels back inside the wheel wells.  Any suggestions?  Yours look like they are standard of set. 

Montie

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Montie:

They are standard offset from MG Magic.  I found a beautiful set on ebay with knock-offs for a close  price.  But being retired I kept up with the simplicity theme and went with MG Magic wheels.

I’m real happy with them, MG centers are from Moss.  We ground off the posts and used industrial auto body cement to attach them to the spinners.

Mel

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Wow, another famous member! Or were you already famous?

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Thanks mel,

You probably were looking at same knock-offs on ebay I am.  Only advantage I see in them is they are available in 15″ too.  lots more tires available in 15″.    Price is almost the same including del as MG magic’s..  decisions..decisions..decisions??

Montie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.