Thoughts from Vermont

Home Forums General Discussion Thoughts from Vermont

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Sorry about being out of commission for so long, I will try to catch you up for those that get bored or only want to here of car progress, stop reading now.

The tropical storm hit and we were somewhat devistated as a state. We had a mess of bridges and roads taken out in thier entirty. I was asked to head up a team to quickly rebuild a set of temporary roads and replace about 140 bridges Completed it in just over 30 days and at 58% of the alloted budget. Fema and the state estimated my part to come in around 300 million, yes I just wrote 300 million We finished and have people moving at just over 162. We didnt use permits, I had the governors nod on engineers and there were no appeals. we worked 24 hour days and put workers up in RVs. I was given a toy trailer that had my new toy in it, because we weren’t going home to play. More on that later.

We finished up and there are now 6 teams finishing what we started, trying to get asphalt and guard rails in before the snow flies.

I then spent a week around new england and at several race tracks promoting that we are Vermont Strong and that tourism is alive and well in Vermont. Basicly begging people not to cancel there plans to come visit our fair state.

And on my way back to work, remember I still have a job, I was approached about heading up a Home wrecking operation. We had 234 houses or mobile homes that were wrecked or damaged I and my crews have removed 138 as of noon today that equates to about 3500 tons of wet soggy debris and 300 ton of recycled metal or 700 tractor trailer loads of poop. As of December 1 I’m going back to work. So as I close out this I will once again be availble and add witty meaningless comments to your lives.

Now for meaningless eccentric poop. My help in the recovery has been on a volunteer basis. The bragging rights, the stories the pride you could not buy. It has been one of the best rides of my life.   I found a speedster. No not your type, But mine, A 1929 model A speedie Rebuilding it “One part at a time” It has been with me since the middle of Sept I think. I aasked for and got a mobile office unit with a garage at the end of it. Many meetings and Dignitairies gathered around ol’midnight as she has come to be known. Based on the fact thats when the lights were on and anyone wanting a late night beer could find one.

Well thats been my life, I hope all is fine with you all, and Happy Thanksgiving, There is truly alot in this world to be thankful for. God Bless us all.

Marc Lipsius
    Participant

@mrlmd

And thanks for people like you too and the work you do.
    Amazing what you can accomplish without bureaucracy in the way helping you. Nice going, and don’t forget pics of ol’ midnight. Welcome back.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Jeez. What an amazing story. And here I am struggling with getting a couple bathroom fans installed.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

If we take that front wall off the fans will go in a lot easier

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice work Wobby.
    Proud to know ya!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

NYT on VT road work.

They should’ve called the Wobbinator for some straight talk, and maybe a guided tour in the Allison.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.