Title, Registration, Inspection Req’s

Home Forums General Discussion Title, Registration, Inspection Req’s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi folks,

Tom’s comment in another thread that he was about to bring his TD for state inspection prompts a thought.

It would be an invaluable resource to have state title, registration and inspection requirements summarized here at tdreplica.com.

If you are familiar with the regulations for your state, would you consider summarizing them for us? If you know about specific resources from our various states for documents, regulations etc, include the links, phone or snail mail info to those resources.

I suggest we create a new thread for each state, keeping them all under the General Discussion section.

Gentlemen and women..start your writing!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Todd
    Participant

@todd

I’m registering my Fiberfab in Pa right now.  Unfortunately the Florida title does not list the same VIN that is on my beetle frame.  If it did it would be a simple matter of getting tags, and insurance and inspecting within 10 days.  But I have to reconstruct the title, and pay for an extended inspection.  

Harry Kraemer
    Participant

@harry-kraemer

I recently purchased my CMC MGTD replica from a guy that had it titled in Maryland as a 1990 Kit Car. He had it at a local dealer which I purchased it through.  The dealer gave me a temp tag.  The temp tag expired and the dealer told me at first that it did not need to be inspected but when the tag ran out he told me that I could not get the regular tags until I had it inspected. This is the short version of this story.  I could not get it inspected therefore I could not get tags, etc. All of the inspection stations said that they could not inspect it because it was a kit car. A few phone calls to Motor Vehicles and was told that it should be titled as a 1952 MGTD.  So I jumped on that and was able to get “Historic” tags therefore no inspection or emmission test.  So it is now registered as a 1952 MGTD.

Walt Chrobak
    Participant

@not-another-td

Just registered in Virginia as Replica Car, MG TD Replica.  VIN is VW VIN with a “6” prefix.  BCW replica purchased in RI.

Walt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.