Turn signal switch

Home Forums Classifieds MGTD Kit Parts and other stuff Turn signal switch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Irvine, Jr
    Participant

@ken1946

The turn signal switch I got has a larger offset than the original resulting in no clearance between the the lever and the wheel.  Does anyone have a work aroun to get more clearance.  Switch and column are supposedly out of a 1966 beetle.

thanks…

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I had the same problem.  I cut off the turn signal arm and drilled hole and threaded.  Took a length of 1/8″ threaded rod and bent to desired shape, covered it with a piece of fuel line and added a knob.  A bolt at connection point locks it in place so it won’t turn.

https://tdreplica.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/users/424/IMG_4241-800×1067.jpg?1597877902

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I had the same problem.  I cut off the turn signal arm and drilled hole and threaded.  Took a length of 1/8″ threaded rod and bent to desired shape, covered it with a piece of fuel line and added a knob.  A bolt at connection point locks it in place so it won’t turn.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PHILIP I have a ford powered mgtd for sale  you can reach me at 716  481 6152 or em at bkerlhgi@aol.com for more ifo thanks brian

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

I’m probably way too late for a timely response. I had the same problem and purchased a VW Bus turn signal. It has a straight stalk. Plenty of clearance. Gregg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.