UP Date on New Wiring, & New Dash

Home Forums General Discussion UP Date on New Wiring, & New Dash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Hi Guys

Well got started on the wiring Tuesday, pulled all the old out that we needed to.  You won’t believe how the old wire was run. It would take all night to explain.  Anyway I am well on my way also my new dash cut out and the gauge holes cut out, now ready to varnish today.  I used walnut for the dash and when finished the grain should really stand out.  Also I changed from a mechanical speedo to a classic electric speedo that will run off a GPS signal.  The cost of the GPS is less then replacing a cable. 

Last can any tell me how to post some pictures.?? 

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

To upload a picture, click this icon to go to the full reply display, instead of just this quick reply one.

Then click on this icon on that page, and it will bring up a dialogue that will allow you to search and find a picture on your computer and upload it.

KentT2013-03-01 17:53:19

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

How did my reply end up above the original question?  Beats the heck out of me…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Looking forward to seeing pics of this dash. Nice walnut will look classic and elegant. 

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

New Walnut Dash roughed in and ready for final sanding & varnish. Varnish I wil be using is Z Spac Captain’s Varnish.  It is a marine varnish which is very good and very durable.  installing Auto Meter Gauges (Golden Oldies Series).  Hope to have it completed next week.  Won’t install the dash though until the new part is ready for the gauges, most likely the latter part of March.

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Thank Kent for the info on posting a picture.Mark K2013-03-02 16:14:26

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Looking good, Mark.

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

Make sure to put finish on both sides of the board. The inside does not have to be pretty but it does need to be moisture proof, so one side won’t expand/contract more than the other.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.