VA Beach 2018

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show VA Beach 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

OK, the dates were posted for VA Beach weekend. October 12 & 13. They said they were considering moving the actual show to Sunday to avoid conflicts with other area shows. I responded and told him that Sunday was our return date. He replied and said that would influence their decision. Hopefully it will stay Saturday.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

You may have heard that this year’s (2018) Auto & Air Show in Virginia Beach was cancelled for reasons not given.  I responded to an email from one of the organizers:

George, 
    > 
    > Sorry to hear: 
    > 
    > I've been in somewhat of a funk since reading of the cancellation of this 
    year's show.  It was not "just" a show for we of the TDr club, but rather akin 
    to a long distance family reunion for those of us who have been bitten by the 
    bug of building and/or significantly modifying our cars while still maintaining 
    their identity.  
    > 
    > Regarding moving the event to Sunday:  I am reminded that "no one goes there 
    anymore, it is always too crowded".  I can almost assure you that if the show 
    were to be moved to a Sunday event, none of the TDreplica club would attend.  We 
    come from north above Philadelphia, PA down to New Bern, NC. with no one from 
    the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area, usually driving our cars to the event.  No 
    covered trailers with hermetically sealed vehicles for us, driving our cars is 
    the joy of ownership. 
    > 
    > Each of us in the TDr club has dirt under our fingernails and is more likely 
    to have swapped engines, conducted major overhaul, or built our cars from boxes 
    of parts than most show attendees.  We have thoroughly enjoyed the venue of Air 
    & Auto at the museum and are saddened by it's lapse.  
    > 
    > -- 
    > Roy 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah, Saturday works for me and Sunday kind of doesn’t. That said, it’s always been a vacation day Friday for me to get there—and I suspect you-all too (those who are not retired). So Sunday would just make it a Monday vacation day, seems like.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

“Roy,
    I got the same from Bill re: Sunday.  So Saturday it’ll be.
    We just needed a break.  It’s the same folks every year doing all the hard work and we got indications from a number of our sponsors that they planned to take a short break from A&A as well, so that made the decision easier.
    We’ll be back in force next year and sincerely hope you all will be able to join us again.
    Best,
    George”
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.