VA Beach 2023

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show VA Beach 2023

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hooray! It is back on the schedule. The show at the Air Museum is on the calendar. To those who have never been, this show is at a great venue. Warbirds flying throughout the day. Hangers are all open for exploration.
    Those who have been before accommodations supplied by the Oceanfront Inn. Clean rooms with views of the beach and secured indoor parking. Good restaurants within walking distance.

Plan your fall vacation now.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/air-auto-classic-11-military-aviation-museum-pca-first-settlers-932228#organizer

http://Www.oceanfrontinn.com

(757)422-0445

See you there!

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by billnparts.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

In the short time this has been posted we have three entries. Lets see if we can fill this up with our members. With “Rockstar Parking” we can group on the tarmac in front of the museum hangers. We can all parade in from the Oceanfront.

Photos from previous years.

Plane rides are available

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Would like to have been able to attend now that we are in NC but on a cruse beginning Oct 6, 2023.  Maybe next year.

Al

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Looking forward to it!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

To reiterate: This event is held at one of the premier private warbird museums on Planet Earth. There are four or more huge hangars full of WWII and WWI aircraft, and every plane flies. During the show there are usually cool planes taking off and landing. One year the big boss flew his Mustang.

Plane rides can usually be had (not in the Mustang though).

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

OK

I’m in – Rockstar parking for me as well.

Hopefully no rain out date as it’s vacation days for me – no every day is a vacation day like Bill.

See you guys in route to Va Beach in Port Royal VA on that Friday

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Maybe I can win another flight

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Ed and Bill and anyone else coming still in for the show?

Hopefully weather is good because I’m out the following week ( vacation in Texas ).

Looking forward to it.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Still on schedule. Racing’s over. The cage is off and the seat is out. The windshield is back on. I just finished swapping the 4:11’s for the 3:40’s. A couple more little things to address yet, but we should be ready. Can’t wait.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

HA! Did not realize you changed out your R&P. Fun.

I finished installing new control arm bushings in Bridget a couple weeks ago, then she wouldn’t start. Chased electrical gremlins all week and she finally fired right up, then would not go into gear! So I bought a new clutch cable, and also welded the cable tube more firmly into inside of the tunnel, to no effect.

Sitting on the lift all summer, something in the bell housing apparently went pear-shaped.

So now the engine’s gotta come out so I can see what’s what. Bridget will not be making the VA trip this year.

Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for the Spyder.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Hoping to see the Spyder – looking forward to a ride Ed. I never got one somehow.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Well another Virginia Beach event is in the books. Beautiful weather for the ride down and back with Saturday producing some spitting during the show, but the ride to and from the show were dry. We had a modern day tent revival on the beach by the hotel Friday and Saturday night. This is my photo dump.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Awesome slide show, Bill. Thanks for that!

I blogged the journey on the Spyder build site: https://alongcameaspyder.wordpress.com/2023/10/11/air-auto-classic-11/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.