VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2013

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2013

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

At the end of October or beginning of November there will be another car show like last year in Virginia Beach.  Last year, Ed, Bill, Schu and myself attended and I had a great time.  I am trying to get in touch with the organizer and will get an exact date to post here, but am trying to feel out interest now.  Last year’s organizer, George, was really impressed with our showing….and super impressed that all of us had driven our cars from our homes to the show.  Bill coming all the way from Pennsylvania, Ed from Md, Schu from Virginia and me (only 3-1/2 hours away) from NC.  Here is the link to last years TD replica threads on the show:  https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/for-those-near-va-beach/

We were the first kit cars to ever be at the show.  Hosted by the local Porsche club.  

Please post here if it sounds inviting.  I’ll see about getting us some king of preferred club treatment, if enough of you come. They really liked us.  (my MiGi won 3rd place in Vintage Import car category against some very expensive competition – she’s so proud.)  
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Depending on exact date and how it works with potential visits to Syracuse University…I’d consider it this year.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Considering. Might could open it up to the Speedster types. I think Cory had an interest last year but ended up working that weekend.

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

If I have a working and legal car by then, VA Beach is about 4 hours from here.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

What is this “legal” of which you speak? 😎

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably means that all the red tape of the state and local governments have been met and bounty paid for tax levies.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

The silence is deafening.  Either no interest or too early to plan that far ahead.  I’ll ask again in a couple of months.  

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Roy, count me in. Really, just waiting for a definitive date to make all arrangements. The tunnel rat won’t be along.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Woo Hoo, look what I found…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fF3rYCVRgjE

edsnova2013-06-14 21:30:55

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Air & Auto 2013 appears to be the weekend of Oct. 26.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Cool Bill.  I’ll bring Happy Jack (one way or another) and it’ll be fun.  Great find on the shots of 2012.  It was a pretty classy show, eh?  

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Roy,

A little to far ahead for me right now, but very possible

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

To answer Paul about six posts above, my car has no title. I’ll have to go through a full inspection and tow it to Glen Burnie to get a title. At that point, the car will need to be 100% functional.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many many years ago while in the USS Navy a friend from New York was trying to get a car registered. Problem it needed insurance. Problem could not get insurance with out it being registered. Needed Insurance to be registered.

Solution to his problem wrote to a southern state Motor Vehicle Department said he was moving there after his enlistment. They processed his request for title and registration Not ever seeing the vehicle.  If my memory is correct they also sent him paperwork for a drivers lisence.

Long time and far far away. At time a cousin of mine had a vehicle legaled registered in two states.  Times were good.
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

You could get away with overlapping paperwork between states before computerization. I used to get drivers licenses while on vacations. I once had valid MN, PA and TX licenses simultaneously. Boy, did that save my ass on several occasions.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

It should only be a couple more weeks of work on the honey-do list Patti made while I was enjoying myself in Carlisle. I should be able to get back on tearing the fenders back off for paint. I would like it to be colored before this show.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I realize its only July, but is there enough interest to contact the Hotel for group discount rates?
    We have three with Roy, Jack and myself. Paul, you can run with me and pick up Ed and then grab Shu again. Gabe, you can hook up along the way. It would make a splendid parade.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I was hoping that we could get John Barry and Sam Reynolds to come also.  Now that would be a big show eh?  

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I just talked with Sam, one of the organizers, and he is excited about us returning this year.  The definite date is Saturday, Oct 26th.  Rain day is Sunday.  Sam is very open about suggestions and improvements to the show since this is only the 4th year of it.  He said that if we could get 6 pre-registered cars, we could be our own judging class if desired.  He also mentioned possible People’s Choice Awards, longest driven awards etc.  Please let me know your ideas, and I will pass them along.  In another couple of weeks, when we have a head count, I will make preliminary inquiries into hotels and rates.  For many years, Julie and I owned a Hotel and Motel.  The number of people/rooms matters.  

First, I need a head count.  You have 3 months to spit shine and tune up.    
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Roy the VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2013 sounds awesome….I will work on it !
    You and Sam reynolds should make it to the Wrightsville beach show

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I’ve made arrangements at work for that weekend. Will be driving down Friday the 25th.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK, I guess I’m in…. Assuming I don’t blow up the car before then. ;]

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Saturday Oct 26th.

Can I get a head count? 

So far we have all of last year’s participants: Bill, Ed, Schu, & Roy.  Plus Happy Jack with one of his two TDrs.  With possibles of Paul, and John B. 
    How ’bout you Sam, and Gabor?
    And any others??  How about some more of the newer members?  ….a great chance to meet and greet.  

The fact that all of last years are trying to make it should tell you that it is (as Ed Sullivan used to say) “a really big show”.  
    Do any of last year’s group have any negative comments on the Hotel/Motel we stayed at?  If I can get a firm(er) number, I can try and blaze a trail with the hotel.  
    sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Roy, it sounds great, but it is a little too far out for me to commit right now. My first priority is to get my Cobra finished. My TD is not in what I feel is reliable running condition to bring, but I think it would be a great time to meet the troops and see what you all have done with your cars so I can copy your ideas. Keep me posted as it gets closer and hopefully I can make it.

Sam

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

I’m pushing to get done, but still don’t know for sure. Panels are within a day or two before final paint, wiring 90% done. Need to get all of the small stuff to pass inspection, like mirrors, wipers, seat belts, etc. Also the entire interior upholstery and carpet is not yet started. The Maryland process to get titled, including an initial safety inspection and towing the car to Glen Burnie (MVA central) to get it OKayed is a big unknown. I have NEVER gone to MVA without being told that there is some other obscure documentation that is needed this time, like my vaccination records from second grade. Final unknown is reliability. Driving 200 miles each way as a first trip is pretty risky, but I do have a tow bar.
    Which hotel are you talking about?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.