VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2013

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2013

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Last year we stayed at the Oceanfront Inn (which is in fact oceanfront) on Atlantic Blvd.  I was very happy with the accommodations and the off season prices.  

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Room with a view, great breakfast, Murphy’s Irish Pub and off street indoor parking. I liked it.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Just got this email re the 4th Air & Auto Classic:
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:48 PM
    George Michaels  Add to Addresses
    Roy Hendrix  Add to Addresses
    Air and Auto Classic 4 – 26 October 2013
    4 KB
     Greetings Air & Auto Classic 3 attendees,

We'd like to thank you again for attending our 3rd annual car show last year.
    Your attendance and support made it an unqualified success and raised $8000 for
    charity.

Air & Auto Classic 4 will be on 26 October at the same location. The Virginia
    Beach SPCA and the Foodbank of Southeastern VA will again benefit from the
    proceeds.

The show will feature live music, food by Zook's BBQ, beer and wine will along
    with raffles and prizes.

Vintage plane rides will be available and there'll be a number of vendors on
    hand peddling their wares. The SPCA will also bring along some of our
    four-legged friends ready for adoption.

Show info and registration is via our website: www.fsrpca.org. Just scroll
    down to the Air & Auto Classic logo.

If you're proud of it, bring it! We hope to see you there!  
    They have indicated to me that if we could bring 6 cars, they would have a separate judging category just for TDrs.  Parking is assigned randomly unless you state a club affiliation. We were all together last year which was cool.  We also arrived at the show in a caravan.   
    Last year was the very first year that they had any replica kit cars.  

Here is the registration form. 
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I’m for upgrade parking on the Tarmac. A caravan entry would be a given. A simple parade from the hotel.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Registration has begun. Apparently I am the first of our group to sign up. I picked the “Rock Star” parking as we had done last year. Roy, have you been in contact with the Oceanfront? Gotta make reservations there,too, but I’ll wait to hear how you make out. Paul, are you going to make the trip? If you run down 222 we can hook up outside Reading, then run to Baltimore and pick up Ed.
    Looking forward to this trip.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

maybe…

Not sure though. My car seems to have developed a bit of a knock. If she don’t blow up during or after Speedster Palooza I might flat tow her down. 
    Then again might just get to work on the engine swap. It does seem to be about time.
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Nothing like working against a deadline to get things done.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Oceanfront Inn room reservations info:  

2901 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia

I have reserved a block of 7 rooms for us at the Oceanfront Inn where we stayed last year.  
    I did this because they only had 7 rooms left and I thought it best to block them out and all stay together if possible.

I reserved rooms in the names of 
    Roy Hendrix, 
    Bill Asheman, 
    Dale Schumacher, 
    Jack Breza, 
    Ed Ericksen, 
    Paul Mossberg,
    and also one spare room if anyone else would like to come.  
    All rooms are 2 double beds.  There were no kings left.  
    The hotel is currently full for the nights in question.  
    I will cancel the spare room myself on 15 October if no one else (not one of the above names) cares to take it.  I will also cancel all rooms that have not been confirmed with me.  This will prevent me from being charged for unused rooms.  Note that I already paid for all the rooms.
    Check in on Friday October 25th, check out Sunday Oct 27th. 
    If your name is above, you have indicated that you would or may attend.  If you can not, please call me asap and I will cancel you.  

If your name appears above and you plan to attend, you are asked to call: 877 283 5585 and ask for Scott.  Then give your name and confirmation number and ask that the room which has been registered in my name, be cancelled and re-registered and charged to your name.  
    Please, you must do this prior to 15 October else I will be charged for your room.  The sooner you register in your name, the sooner that this $1150 bill will be removed from my credit card.
    The “spare room” will be given to the first member that contacts me by email and asks for it.  After that there may come rooms available due to other folks cancelling but this is dicey.  

I ask that each of you send me an email (rfhendrix@suddenlink.net) and I will give you the room reservation confirmation number that you need.   Please note that it is “net” not “com”.
    Thanks, we had a great time last year and I expect to again.  
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Sorry guys, left off the rates at the hotel:  for both nights tax included $159.32 per room.

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

I am still working towards getting my car built and titled by then. Unless Maryland MVA gets in my way, it looks promising right now.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Gabe, A lot of us would really like to see your project.  I think that we all have common passions if not common talents.  If you can make it, send me an email and we’ll try our darndest to get you a room or perhaps squeeze you in one of ours.  

Royal
    Participant

@royal

RESERVATION CHANGE UPDATE

The 877 phone number that I posted above is incorrect.  The correct # is 800 780 5733.  Then go to prompt #2.  They will want my email address of rfhendrix@suddenlink.net and my phone # 252 671 0067.  They will also ask for my confirmation # which I will send to you when you email me. Sorry about the confusion.  
    Thanks.  
    It works, Bill did it.  
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

OK…

I registered for Rock Star parking.

Bill, the caravan sounds good!

Roy, sent you the email!

There is still a chance I’ll have to back out. Been dealing with a sick dad and spending a lot of my weekends with him. But we shall see!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Roy,

I called the hotel.

I asked to speak with Scott. But “Alexander” said that was not possible because, “We take the calls randomly.”

Alexander said he could cancel the reservation and rebook under my name. But…

…he would not guarantee that doing so would not cancel ALL the reservations.

…and he would not guarantee the same price when he rebooked for me.

I said to leave everything as is for now.

What’s the next step my friend?

PMOSSBERG2013-09-04 16:06:38

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Roy,

I booked on-line.

Got an Oceanfront KING for $153.85 (AAA rate).

You may release my room.

PMOSSBERG2013-09-04 16:29:37

Paul Mossberg

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I had also called the hotel. Never got the idiots name at the desk.
    I apologized for bothering him and found the 800 number that Roy just posted.
    They will book a new room and then remove the room under your name that Roy set up.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I just heard from George Michaels (Virginia Beach Auto & Air Show organizer) and he said that this year they have created a special category for TDrs.  There were about 300 cars at the show last year and one of our TDrs took home a 3rd place trophy in the “Vintage Imports” category against some mighty stiff competition.  

They like us, lets show up.   
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Go ahead and say it, Roy. You were the one that won the trophy. You deserved it. With a class just for the TD’s you’ll probably take home another. Look out, though, my repaint is coming along.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Bill, you’re a shoe-in for most improved.  I’m not  planning on winning – just having some fun.  

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

Registered…my car should be done this week. Will need the next three weeks to get it to dependably drive 500 miles.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Gabe, that’s great.  Don’t forget to register for the Rock Star parking so we will all be together.  I’ll bring my camera to get some good shots of your beautiful work.  

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Cancel my last, Gabe, just checked and I see that you are registered as a Rock Star.  

Royal
    Participant

@royal

CHANGE:  Due to other things in my life, I have to move up the last day to get one of the rooms that I blocked out in the Oceanfront Inn.  I had previously said that you had until the 15th of October.  I will cancel all the extra rooms which have not been reserved by those of you who are attending on the evening of the 13th of October vs the 15th.  This will not effect anyone who is registered already, only those who do not register and confirm prior to the 13th.  

If you do not make the deadline and decide later that you want to attend, there is an excellent chance that you can and still get a room, – I just can not promise it.  You will have to call the hotel directly and arrange.  
    As of now, we have the following registered and attending:
    Bill in his newly painted TDr
    Paul
    Jack (new member, new FF car – he has done too much work to list),
    Gabe (new member in the unveiling of his newly built TD) (just seeing this one will be worth the                 price of admission)
    Roy with new disc brakes
    We are still hoping for and expecting Ed & Schu and I know that there are a few others who could easily hop on the caravan coming down from Pennsylvania.  
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I contacted Donna but she won’t go that distance topless. She should be in attendance at Carlisle, though.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Wish I could make it but Moneypenny isn’t assembled nor road worthy yet. But definitely next year. Already planning on Carlisle 2014 and VaBch Auto & Air Classic 2014. Plus enjoying driving my TDr. Have a great time you folks.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.