what are they worth?

Home Forums General Discussion what are they worth?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Every so often someone chimes in saying they’re looking to buy, and wonder what they should expect to pay. I’d say $5k, plus or minus. Someone with a lot more smarts than me warned one of these questioners not to be misled by the classic car dealers’ sticker prices.

Here’s an ebay auction right now for one of these. Above $8,000. “reserve not met.”

correction–$9,000, “reserve met.”

edsnova40205.9662731482

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Ed, I’ve been watching this one too and am surprised that it has got to this amount. It looks really good but it must be some kind of nice to bring this much.It’s less than 100 miles from me and I had thought about going to see it but just cannot get away from home now.There are several comparable cars on ebay for about half of what this one is bringing.We will see how it plays out,just a few hours left to go.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Luck of the draw! That is both the beauty and the risk of ebay!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

I just checked and it actually sold for $9,000. WOW! Somebody should be very happy.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

For the seller’s sake, I hope the bidders are legit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.