What I like about driving my MG TD-What's yours?

Home Forums General Discussion What I like about driving my MG TD-What's yours?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

What I like about my  MG TD-

Going to the grocery store with “Olive” and the girls. and having people come up to me in the parking lot and tell me stories about their MG TF and other MG’s they  have owned .

A shout out “cool car, cool dog ” by a young passerby.

The occasional wave, thumbs up and flick of the head lights of oncoming cars.

What do you like about driving your MG TD ?

jebarry2012-10-19 20:07:15

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

Pretty much the same as you, except for the dog. My wife usally sits as my passenger, and I’m the only one that says she cool. 

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Yeah me too.  I get a bit pumped up by the people who gawk while driving.  But, it sometimes makes me nervous as they slowly creep into my lane.  

I have noticed that the ones who make the biggest “fuss” over MiGi are either very young (45).  The interesting thing is that those ages in between don’t even notice that I’m driving a Rolls Royce.;)  
    And I do have one other thing that gets a lot of strange looks and really strange comments: My gas filler is through what would be remembered as the radiator cap.:o  I just tell them that I used to put water in there, but the darn thing kept overheating.  So I switched to gas and I haven’t had any trouble since.  
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Royal – thats  is  funny   about  about  your radiator cap..

Big smile

yea  you are right… its  ususually  those under   20 and  then the older  ..if  they  can  see the car–that is -lolz.

The MG TD  kinda transends  ages.

I forgot to mention  I came out of food Lion yesterday and a liitle kid was taking pictures of the TD.. way  coool.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

AFTER checking with his mom or dad, you should have offered the kid a ride…or at least a photo behind the wheel. That would leave an impression he/she would never forget!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

All the stuff you guys mentioned….and…

Shifting for myself! Approve

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Paul – I thought o f tha t..but  the kid had dissapeared after I had thrown the groceries in the car

bummer .. But  my  neighbors 15 yr old kid wanted his  picture in the car this  summer ..

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I went into a tobacco store a couple of days ago and the owner (clerk/stockboy) asked me if he could get a picture of my car.  I said ok.  He locked up the store (2 customers outside the door) while he came out, sat in MiGi and got his picture taken to send back to his relatives in Pakistan.  What a huge smile was on his face.  “Is it for sale?”  I said no.  

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Roy

that is  awesome .. gotta love our Td’s

Smile
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

People love these cars. Teens, mid-aged, older cats especially. I love
    even the Friday afternoon crawl through rush-hour traffic, ’cause people
    in the other lanes sometimes try to strike up a conversation. I have
    been asked all the usual–what year, make, how fast, etc. (I tell them
    her number is her top speed). Also: “Is that a Rolls Royce?”

In Baltimore City Bridget gets love & respect in every neighborhood, especially–and I do mean especially–in the rougher places where a lot of white suburban folks fear to travel.

But better even than all that–and all that is great–I really, really
    love a nice, spirited spin on a deserted country road in the morning or
    afternoon. Since the adjustable beam and spring rate reduction last
    year, Bridget is a real pleasure in the turns, as when I reeled-in this
    guy

going into the MGs on the Rocks show a few weeks back. There is nothing
    so fun as a little sports car on a windy road and, even slow as she is
    and balanced like the lightened Bug she is, Bridget does feel these days like what she looks like–only with a better ride.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Everyone has a story about MG’s Twice i was asked if it was a Rolls Royce. I was in a 4th of july parade where people walked along the parade route with me asking questions.I’ve been asked if it has twelve under the hood.Older women are all over it.Everyone thinks its a real one .If i tell them its a vw they become more interested.  

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Rod runs are always fun , all the miles ,smiles ,and just all the people that like her, but I hate the rain . Dan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.