What’s that again?

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits What’s that again?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

A 1986 MG Td Tomaszo MKII VW Kit Car.

Photo=$8

Anyone had or seen one up close?

I dunno about the car…but how much for that cap?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Ed, I’ve got one of those caps. It will not stay on with the windows out ,much less with the top down but it does look cool and very British.

The car looks a lot like a MP Lafer but with a head light bar and different lights on the fenders.  The door hinges at the front and removeable  solid windows are Lafer simularities. I have never heard of the company, perhaps they bought Lafer kits and made a few small changes and sold them under a different name.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Sure looks like a Lafer to me too.

I am headed to a local guy’s house tonight afterwork to install a Pertronix Ignitor in his Lafer.

Hey Larry, you have to wear the cap backwards when moving!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I got one of those hats–tartan style. I’ll need a chin strap to wear it in Bridget tho…. Gonna have to get an old RAF helmet and goggles, I think.

So, anyway, Lafer it is, rebadged, ’cause nobody else did dooors like that. Wobby sent me a couple kit car books last week. I’ll see if I can find an entry for that thing.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Looks Lafer’ish to me.

I like the cap, but I really like Ringo’s goggles to go with the cap. Ringo, you old dog you.

I had thought of getting one of those caps to keep my thinning hair from thinning any more, but too late. In the south we just wear a baseball cap….backwards. Not so Brit, but works …..wee doggies!

Is this what happens when a Gazelle gets mixed up with a TD?

Click here

and here

JasCochran40402.779849537

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

If I had not checked with him sometime back and identified the one wearing the goggles as his security guard, I would jump to the conclusion that Ringo has the most hair of all our forum members.

I am working on developing a skin tone chin strap to solve the cap in the wind problem.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Larry, do a fur covered strap for those cooler days and you can do an Abe Lincoln look, or half and half for an Elvis sideburn look. 

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Nothing like the bugs in your teeth and the wind blowing where your hair used to be

Good idea to invent a chin strap with sideburns

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah. In all the pics of these replicas, the guys standing around them all had sideburns!

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I have that type hat too, same color from Walmart, think it was 4.99.  Since I lowered the seat it stays on without a chin strap, but cool idea with the sideburns or beard.  Someone’s goning to run with that idea, and make $$$.   

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

They already sell the visor with hair!

Why not a cap with sideburns?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.