Wind shield & top

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Wind shield & top

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bill lauro
    Participant

@deerebill

It has been a while, but here is where I am at and still work to be done.
    The wind shield has been installed with much adjusting, mostly after the top was put into place. This is a two bow top with a third bow added, you can see the after market wiper motor, and it is much like the 1952 motor.Wipers were made in my shop but I have a set of the real ones.Body work has to be done around the tail lights yet.I drive it to work every day and what a blast.I had a hard time with the motor idle and did some reading and this is what I came up with. I have a 1500 with a new 30/31 pict carb. they come very lean so I ordered a 125 main jet,then removed the idle jet and took a welders file set and opened the jet a little at a time,WOW now it idles great and also runs a little cooler too. I just had to pass that along. Later.  Bill

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looking good Bill. It’s amazing how much more authentic the reproduction looks with the original style ws frame and roof. Great work! 

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Boy am I impressed;

It looks more like a orginal than many originals I’ve seen. 

Great Job

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

It sure does look great…looks like North Carolina is becoming the TD Replica capital of the US

The more the merrier!

bill lauro
    Participant

@deerebill

Thanks All.
    I am now removing the boat latches and hinges from the hood and have already removed the towel bar from the front, they are a bit hokie to say the least. I have thought about moving the look a like gas tank back about 2 inches for more engine room,that would be a easy change. I have also put spacers under the tire rack that lift it about 1 3/4 inches
    so the hot engine air can escape more easy around the tire and not just through the rim holes.The last items to add are tank straps and a tire rack, then it will be complete.Thanks again. Bill
    <!–
    bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,”bmi_orig_img”,0);//–>

Ktro95
    Participant

@ktro95

Is it still possible to find the bow assembly?

Ktro95
    Participant

@ktro95

Is it still possible to find a bow assembly? I have no top at all.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Great job , I realy like the wipers what kind of motor did you use? do you think it can be used on other kits,  with the slot for top bow to hold the top to the windshield  ? or is it A MG TD original wind screen ? What type of tail lights did you use they look good and wright.        &nbsp ;         Dan. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.