Selling my MG TD replica

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Selling my MG TD replica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Poinsett
    Participant

@huskykicker

Due to some health issues, I am selling my MG replica. It is a 1982 Fiberfab on a 1967 VW chassis with a 1641cc engine. I bought this car from the 2nd owner back in September and have been sorting out the gremlins. I installed a new shifter bushing and bracket and an adjustable rear coupler, so it shifts nice now. Every now and then, it will pop out of reverse. I have been adjusting it little by little but I haven’t quite got it perfect yet. It has a top, side curtains and a tonneau cover. I have never tried to install either of them, but with the exception of the tonneau cover (mouse chewed a hole in it) the parts are in good condition. The top is missing the snaps that attach to the windshield posts. The car runs, drives and stops very good. The engine has a couple oil leaks around the drain plug area, but I have a whole box of gaskets that came with the car. It is in the original British Racing Green gelcoat that is in pretty good condition. The chrome is in good condition as well.

If anyone might be interested in this car, contact me through this forum or my email is: mpoinsett2@msn.com   I have pictures posted in the Photo Gallery, number 2052, I can email more photos if desired.
    I am located in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. I have a clean Indiana title in my name. I am asking $4900. Thank you for your interest.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Sorry you need to sell. But hope it goes well.

Prayers for your health, my friend!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good luck, Mike. It’s a nice car and should go. 

Craigslist is an option, as is ebay. If you’re not in a huge hurry you might consider consigning it to a local specialty car dealer. 
    Mike Poinsett
    Participant

@huskykicker

She’s sold.   

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hop you got what you wanted. I know she will be sorely missed.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.