14 inch Wheel Info and Sources

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits 14 inch Wheel Info and Sources

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Howdy, neighbor!

I’m just down the street in Joppa. I’d like to help, if you need it.

I’ve been to Crazy Ray’s a couple times, seems decent enough for stuff like wheels. There’s another yard down RT 7 in Baltimore County I’m looking for an excuse to check out.

Just an idea, given that Chevette wheels are a bit rare these days. As these wheels were usually 13 inches–TD’s are 15–and on a pretty common 4 x 100mm bolt circle, I suggest you look for another marque’s wheel with the same bolt pattern and a 15 x 5.5 or 15 x 6 size, and do some test fitting.

Possible donors are the Ford ZX2, Honda Del Sol, Honda Civic, 2001-2005 (this is a 15 x 6 wheel with 14 round holes), Honda Accord, 1990-’97 (15 x 5.5 inch, 16 round holes), Mazda MX3 GS

1995-97 Nissan 200 sx se-R (15 x 5.5, probably an alloy wheel), VW Corrado and Sciracco might fit.

There are scads of cars with 14 x 6 wheels on a 4 x 100. The Civic EX from 1989 forward is a 14 x 5 wheel with round holes–pretty close look and small enough that you should have no fender clearance problems.

Early-mid ’90s Dodge Neon is 14 x 5.5 and look fairiy TD-ish.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything. And please post some pics. Hope you can come to Carlisle whether your car is done or not.

edsnova40911.3790509259

PAUL Burkheimer
    Participant

@burkheimer

edsnova wrote:
    Howdy, neighbor!

I’m just down the street in Joppa. I’d like to help, if you need it.

I’ve been to Crazy Ray’s a couple times, seems decent enough for stuff like wheels. There’s another yard down RT 7 in Baltimore County I’m looking for an excuse to check out.

Just an idea, given that Chevette wheels are a bit rare these days. As these wheels were usually 13 inches–TD’s are 15–and on a pretty common 4 x 100mm bolt circle, I suggest you look for another marque’s wheel with the same bolt pattern and a 15 x 5.5 or 15 x 6 size, and do some test fitting.

Possible donors are the Ford ZX2, Honda Del Sol, Honda Civic, 2001-2005 (this is a 15 x 6 wheel with 14 round holes), Honda Accord, 1990-’97 (15 x 5.5 inch, 16 round holes), Mazda MX3 GS

1995-97 Nissan 200 sx se-R (15 x 5.5, probably an alloy wheel), VW Corrado and Sciracco might fit.

There are scads of cars with 14 x 6 wheels on a 4 x 100. The Civic EX from 1989 forward is a 14 x 5 wheel with round holes–pretty close look and small enough that you should have no fender clearance problems.

Early-mid ’90s Dodge Neon is 14 x 5.5 and look fairiy TD-ish.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything. And please post some pics. Hope you can come to Carlisle whether your car is done or not.

Thanks for all that info Ed. hope to talk with you soon.I want to make it look like the original TDs with steel wheels, my assembly manual says I need 14″ wheels with a 2″ rear offset.(I’m guessing to set right in fenders) I have MG centers to put on moon type hubcaps, so need wheels with plain centercaps. Hope to have pictures soon. 

PAUL Burkheimer
    Participant

@burkheimer

still looking for 14″ steelwheels with 2″ offset  and baby moon hub caps, now I do not know about my Chevette engine, as I had a guy who was going to do wiring, all he did was try to bypass ignition module and for some reason removed intake and removed sparkplugs

Royal
    Participant

@royal

If you really “want to make it look like the original TDs with steel wheels”, why are you looking for 14″ wheels since originals came with 15″ wheels?

I think that offset, tire aspect ratio and rim width are much more important than diameter when considering clearance issues.

I agree with Ed, you really need to do some test fitting.

Armond Orr
    Participant

@arr

The 2002 – 2008 Mini’s are also the right size, offset is unknown  https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mini-parts/steel-wheel-black-priced-each/36111511414/?msclkid=2cd9b00ebe2f145f8d59ee1cb013da93&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Srch.US.ProductAds(BSC)&utm_term=4579809528315248&utm_content=All%20Products

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Just went and measured the summer wheels for the MINI. The backspacing is 5-3/4”. Admittedly, my MINI’s are second generation, but the same aftermarket wheels fit these and the first generation I used to have. I have never seen a MINI with 15’s though. 16, 17 & 18, yes, but not 15.

If you don’t like the fit with the fenders, consider spacers.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Armond Orr
    Participant

@arr

Here’s a link for all models wheel sizes.  https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mini/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.