2005 Carlisle Import/Kit Car Show

Home Forums General Discussion 2005 Carlisle Import/Kit Car Show

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The 2005 Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals is now history. The weather was better than the usual rainy weekend that has prevailed all but 3 years of the 15+ year old show.

It rained hard all day Friday, so the Pink MG stayed home. Bill Collins flat towed Angelica and was the only MGTD kit on the showfield. Paul Mossberg was the only other member of this forum in attendance, also sans his Classic Roadsters MGTD. We three are all members of the New Jersey Replicar Club.

Friday night cleared and a few of us attended the Sprint Car races at the famed Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, PA and some went to the All Star cafe` for some dancing, grog and grub.

Saturday was nice too and in the evening, the NJRC and Speedsterowners.com group attended an organized dinner at the Sunnyside Restaurant in Carlisle. We inivited Jim and Carolyn Youngs of Kit Car Builder Magazine and National Kit Car Club fame to be our guests. Jim gave us an interesting talk about the kit car hobby in Great Britain.

I mentioned the Speedsterowners.com group whom we invited to share our activites with. They had well over 35 Speedsters in attendance from both the US and Canada to attend. One fellow drove solo from Beaufort, SC over 750 miles one way. We had 72 people attend Saturday’s dinner, mostly the Speedster group. John Steele of JPS Speedsters and the owner of Intermeccanica Speedsters were in attendance.

It rained overnight on Saturday and cleared up again in Sunday. I stayed until the “giveaway” car drawing at 3:00 PM. One of the Speedsterowners.com group from Vineland, NJ won the 1972 Fiat 124. Can you say “Fix It Again Tony”?

The Speedsterowners.com group is a lot like our MGTD group. I’ll post more in the futre about us getting together like this. It’s a blast.

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Sounds awesome,

Mechanicsburg, PA. ( I lived their one summer after my dad graduated college)

Beaufort, SC ( we used to road trip down that way when I lived in VA).

Where are the Pics?  I know you took some!!!!

This past weekend, our local VW Club had a car show here in Belleville. Roxie took 1st   in the special interest category ( no kit car category) and my 81 Vanagon Camper took 2nd in the 78 and up type II category. That makes two car show and two 1st place trophies.  Roxie actually beat out a Bug Limo that was, in my opinion, immaculate. We drew a lot of attention, even had one fellow pull in just to ask me about Roxie because he had a friend the owned a real TD but rolled it a few years back. He said her heath is getting better and really wants another one but they are way expensive so he?s looking into the replicas.

We had a good time, got a little too much sun but non the less good time.

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Picture of The NJRC Tent at Carlisle ..Empty at the Moment

Bill Collins38502.6286921296

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2005 Carlisle Import/Kit Car Show’ is closed to new replies.