A $60,000 TD replica?

Home Forums General Discussion A $60,000 TD replica?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I suppose you all have seen this? Any takers?
    edsnova40224.9407523148

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Thanks for sharing. It’s really sharp but waaaay out of reach for me.It’s good to know that some one is keeping the dream alive but those cars must be for the extremely dedicated or the very well off TD fan.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

WOW

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I guess I’ll have to play LOTTO !! and win!! maybe next week

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Dan, this place is in Knoxville. It’s a nice car, but I tend to like all of ours better, the older replicas rock! Good luck on the LOTTO –

James

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Very nice.  I don’t know anyone that would pay it though, it’s still a replica.. less than half that you can get a real TD totally restored.  I like mine just as well and didn’t have to break the bank to get it.    

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m with you, Montie. For that kind of dough one could get a nice late model corvette, a nicely-detailed ’53 TD AND a MIGI and maybe still have some beer and gas money. I applaud the builder’s workmanship and spirit though.

Will Burge
    Participant

@washington-will

Wow beautiful car too rich for my blood though! I could have a fleet of TD’s for that price.

Will

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Pretty car but to be a real TD Replica the “manufacturer has to cease being in business”

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

Nice car, but 60K? Just how much of a market do they think there is? I think that those of us that own MG kit cars now, either VW or front engine, own the REAL MG kit cars. We care for them, baby them, take pride in them. Buying a 60K MG replicar vs a new corvette…hmmmm.

Greg

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

That big bulge on the right side cowl looks really out of place. It’s probably for the Toyota A/C but it just jumped out at me.  I think our’s are more accurate reproductions. 

Besides. I wouldn’t go a penny over $56,000.

Ringo40226.8057638889

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

OK now Toyota powered would make it more like MG TD  than ours the breaks fail , accelerator sticks and it loses the power,, steering; why did they do Toyota ? all it needs are electrical questionsstill British in a small way ,Malaysia was a Common Wealth nation,,,I wonder if there is a  town of Abingdon there to ?? it just shows William Morris had a good idea 80 years latter his basic car is still being copied

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Dan, excellent point.

The Morris design keeps alive. He would have been proud. To my eyes, the MGTC -MGTD body design is beautiful poetry, and well worth replication.

James

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

If you’ve got that kind of budget for replicas of classic British technology and workmanship, why not spring for this kit, carry the ball to the end zone? A TD and a Spitfire would make a cheeky pair, I say!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Heck, anyone that could buy a $60,000 TD Replica should just pony up and buy an entire replica company!

Yes that’s right folks. For just a few bucks more, well $95,000 total to be exact, you can own TG Sports, the New Zealand based manufacturer of an MG TF replica.

I have seen these cars and they are beautiful.

The kit builds up on Mazda MX5 Miata donor parts.

The owner is retiring and trying to sell the firm.

The price includes two weeks of training in the assembly of chassis and body, program for laser cutting and folding chassis components, all fiberglass manuals, all chassis jigs, one semi-built vehicle (body on chassis), all patterns for other items required, all procedures and manuals, full parts list, website and pre-paid international shipping.

Check ’em out at http://www.sportscars.net.nz/

Or just email rhooper@ihug.co.nz and make an offer1

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mike Schumacher
    Participant

@juneybug

I thought I was overspending because I wanted to build vs buy. I have an idea this company will soon follow FF CMC London etc. to an early Chapter 11.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.