BCW Schwepppes Special

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale BCW Schwepppes Special

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Edward Turner
    Participant

@oldroadie

I’m putting our Schweppes Special up for sale. I have spacers being made for the drive shaft carrier, I have plans to fibreglass the transmission hump into a removable cap and reinstall the interior so the car is drivable (and pretty much fixed and roadworthy). I find my job has grown and I just don’t have the time for the project, I’ve had the car over a year and still haven’t transferred the title. It also needs the drivers door rehung, it’s functional but not perfect.

As bought, bad axle carrier bearing and all:

You can read more about the current state of the car over in the Chevy/Ford sub forum. $5000 or best offer. Located in Fort Payne, AL. I won’t have time to get it back into a drivable state until mid March.

Edward Turner
    Participant

@oldroadie

Sold. Thanks for having me even if I never got the project off the ground.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

WOW That one went fast!! You had to deal with one of the more difficult items in the BCW. Looks like they would have made that area more accessable. Hope you told the new owner about TDReplica .com.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good on ya, Ed. Hope to see more of this car & it’s new owner, and you should feel free to hang around too if you want.

BTW, is that a “Schweppes Special” script badge on the bonnet? I’ve never seen that.

Edward Turner
    Participant

@oldroadie

Yes, we had a decent discussion about the current state of the car. My touring schedule has me on the road for the entire month of Feb. so I’m going to keep it until mid March when I can finish the driveshaft replacement and glass the hump section into a nice removable cap. Then it’s his.

Yes, it has Schweppes Special badges on each side. It’s really a lovely piece of work, I just hate to see it sit

The day I bought the car from Larry and Cathy we stopped the hauler at a roadside BBQ just outside Canton or Cummings, GA (I don’t remember which) and this fellow stopped by the hauler and asked if the car was for sale. After I told him we’d just bought it he took my number and told me he’d call. He’s called four or five times, always when I was on tour. This time I was home and his persistence has paid off.
    oldroadie2013-02-03 21:46:08

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.