British Wheels on the Green 2023

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show British Wheels on the Green 2023

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

On Sunday October 29, 2023, the plan is to have my London Roader in the car and motorcycle show sponsored by the Arizona MG club, featuring British wheels in Peoria, Arizona at Centennial Plaza in downtown Peoria from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. I talked to them prior to registering and we will be in a “Specialty” class. New 1776cc VW engine, new rear bumper upright guards and five new chrome wire wheel hubcaps

American made car with German power train, custom chassis and body like a British sports car. She ain’t perfect, yet this will be her first judged show.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

We didn’t win a prize this time, yet we had a good time.
    I discovered the night before the show, that the rim if my hubcaps is metal, yet the “wire” spikes are a chrome poly.
    Apparently the company that made the metal-spike hub caps that rusted, is out of business. Maybe I will start saving up for real wire wheels.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Having done it, I advise against real knock-off MWS wire wheels.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Yet WHY? A member in my kit car club did it with little problem. What issues did you have?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The knock-off adaptors are easy to get, and it’s not much to have a machine shop drill and tap the 4 x 4.5-inch pattern. I used bolts screwed from the inside of the drums and rotors to mount. All straightforward.

But the wheels widen the track by an inch at every corner.

On the front you can fix that with a narrowed beam. In back you’re talking narrowed trailing arms, which are money, time and trouble to get and install.

So what I did, I sectioned the fenders and widened the body. This was not a quick or easy operation. Hence, my advice.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Thank you for the information. That is helpful. I will seriously reconsider.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.