brooklands windscreens

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits brooklands windscreens

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has any one tried fitting a td,  brooklands windscreen and are there cheaper alternatives?  Thanks… Dennis P

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Ed runs ’em.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bunch of us have them. They’re a little spendy, but not so bad if you stay away from the Jaguar and Morgan-oriented sellers. And you can get away with just one.

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

They’re on my Wish List at Moss Motors. They Look Hot! I hope to buy myself a pair for my Birthday in August. I figure that I’ll switch between the windscreens for spring and summer and the windshield to support the convertible top in the fall and winter.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Cool but remember this: if you drive around with the Brooklands screens as the only thing between you and the oncoming wind, you’ll probably want at least a pair of wrap-around glasses on your face as well. Every year I forget at least once and end up on the highway doing 50 with monster pain and squinting and then one eye closed and then the other. 

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Great tip, thanks! How is the driving experience with regular sunglasses?

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

Don’t forget the “Snoopy” helmet to go with the goggles.;)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I wear glasses all the time. Mine are not enough for me to avoid the sting of the wind when driving open. I may just have sensitive eyes though.

Steve: right: Proper RAF goggles and a righteous leather pilot’s helmet are the only way to fly. I might even buy a summer-weight one.
    secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

I know Moss has the goggles and leather helmet as well. They too are expensive!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

They both are available more reasonably elsewhere.

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

I found this page:
    http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/005163.php?gclid=CPORy6yRw8wCFQ6naQodW5wI8w
    for inexpensive aviators caps and goggles.
    There’s lots of other garb at this site, too. Sort of fun to go to…

Amor Conquista Todo

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Wow! That looks like a decent price on the “Snoopy hat.” And those split-lens “RAF style” googles are temptingly cheap.

Temptingly!
    But I am hereby recommending to all that, if you plan to actually wear the goggles while driving, spring for the genuine Halcyons. They are three times the price, yeah. But they actually fit comfortably. Bikers swear by ’em.
    There are other, cheaper goggles that should also work. Look at motorcycle shops. 
    scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

edsnova wrote:
    Wow! That looks like a decent price on the “Snoopy hat.” And those split-lens “RAF style” googles are temptingly cheap.

Temptingly!
    But I am hereby recommending to all that, if you plan to actually wear the goggles while driving, spring for the genuine Halcyons. They are three times the price, yeah. But they actually fit comfortably. Bikers swear by ’em.
    There are other, cheaper goggles that should also work. Look at motorcycle shops. 

I agree. I found two pairs of goggles;one clear lens, one dark, at my local Harley/Kawasaki/Honda cycle shop. Cost $70 for both. I’d rather use something purpose made.
    The aviator caps on the other hand…

Amor Conquista Todo

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Thanks for the reference! I went to the site and I think I’ll spend some time there later on tonight. It looks like a classy site, I think I’ll need to sip brandy rather than beer. It looks like a great place for period clothing and stuff. Should be fun. I’ll hide the credit card before I get too tipsy! I’ve ridden that train before…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.