Bye bye MIGI………bye

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project Bye bye MIGI………bye

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Had a garage sale this past weekend and a guy made me an offer on my TDr I couldn’t refuse.
    MIGI has gone to a new owner here in NC just north of New Bern.

I,of course, told him about the club. Talked it up.
    I’ll keep in touch,hope to see the ‘ol gang this coming year,and plan on bringing the Mini to the show in Virginia Beach next year.

Thanks all for the camaraderie. It’s been fun. A hoot!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hate to see it go. Glad it’s staying local. Did you secure visitation rights? Look forward to seeing you again in VA Beach. Keep in mind that Carlisle is the Import show. The MINI qualifies.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah Roy. Carlisle 2020 starts May 15! Come on up!

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Carlisle is in pencil.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Roy,

I know the feeling. I admit to being choked up when my TDr left for Houston. But I do have visitation rights!

Bring the Mini to Carlisle! It’s always been more about the people than the cars. And I think the Speedster/Spyder gang (and TD folks) would get a kick out of that car!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

So, this is a bit embarrassing and may be my last TDr story:

So, the new owner asked if it ran.  I without even opening the door or getting in, reached in turned the key on and pulled the knob – it started instantly.  (I had changed from the replica button start to a pull start knob just like “real” TD’s)(I was trying to keep up with Ed, before I realized that it was impossible.)

Started instantly.  He got it home and called me:  “The car won’t start.  Won’t even grunt.”  I knew what it was immediately.  You have to turn the key on, and then PULL on the knob with the “S” on it.

I had simply forgotten to tell him about one of the idiosyncrasies of the TD…..and sometimes even a TDr.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Roy,

Sorry to see it go – I know you enjoyed it while you had it.

Keep hanging with us and bring the Mini. I found an old Mini in the woods last year behind a house site where I was building. It had rally lights inside ( map light?) with old rally stickers and plaques stuck to the dash from the 70’s. It had a huge Lucas single light on the rear in fantastic shape ( clear back up light?). Anyway – I was going to grab that light before it was gone and see if you could use it. Have pictures someplace. The nut was frozen on the brass threads and did not have the correct tools to pull it off at the time. Need to call the owner and see if it is still back in the woods.

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

I’ve been off the road for more than a year, dealing with a particularly bothersome form of blood cancer. No cure, but manageable with Medicare, the right insurance, plenty of spare change, good doctors, and a wife who just won’t give up. Doing better now, only to be shocked on learning that Paul Mossberg is (a) no longer driving a TDr, and (b) that he sold his to someone here in Houston! Has the new owner joined the club? If so, I’d like to touch base. If not, point me in the right direction and I’ll try to bring him or her into the fold.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hey Bill, good to hear from you.

Paul will chime in I’m sure. You just keep on keepin’ on.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

@texag71 – Send me a PM with your contact info and I’ll share it with the guy who bought my car.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.