Carlisle 2015

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2015

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, if there is an Iron Butt/Longest Driven/Farthest Towed award to be given out, I declare myself ineligible since I won it in 2012.

A good chance for a fresh face at Carlisle to take home a trophy.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

All signed up for Carlisle – be there Thursday – Sunday Morning.

Looking forward to hooking up with my TD and Speedster Knucklehead buddies ( as Jim says ).
    Need to find out who is heading up north again on Thursday. 
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thansk Roy.

I’l speak with Bruce when we are there.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Rooms at the Mechanicsburg Courtyard by Marriott are going fast.

As of 5:00 p.m. on January 12, the balance of rooms available from the contracted 65 rooms per night, was as follows.

Thursday 5/14…. 52 reserved, 13 available

Friday 5/15…. 61 reserved, 4 available

Saturday 5/16…. 54 reserved, 11 available

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

** RSVP Form** 2015 SPEEDSTERS MEET SPYDERS – MAY 14-17 ** RSVP form **

Carlisle event attendees, please copy and complete this form and e-mail it to ???bstumpp@comcast.net???.

Don’t miss out – join us for another great weekend!

Name: _______________________________________________________________________

City, state, zip: _________________________________________________________________

E-Mail address: ________________________________________________________________

Phone number: (home) _________________________ (cell) ____________________________

Name(s) of guest(s): _____________________________________________________________________

Are you bringing your Speedster? Y ____ N ____ or other replica? __________________________________

If Yes or ???other???, are you driving or trailering? Driving ______ Trailering ______

Speedster Manufacturer:
    Beck___ CMC___ Fiberfab___ Intermeccanica___ JPS___ SAS___ ThunderRanch ___ Vintage___

Other___________________________

Have you registered with Carlisle? Y ____ N ____

http://store.carlisleevents.co…chResults.asp?Cat=23

All Carlisle Import/Replica event-related info – INCLUDING REGISTRATION INFO – can be found at that site.

Page down to ???2015 Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals KITShowfield???

Add this registration to your cart and check out.

Note:You can qualify for a 10% registration discount if you register priot to April 13, 2015 at midnight EST.

IMPORTANT! When registering, please specify your club as ???SPEEDSTER OWNERS???.

Hotel you are staying at _____________________________ What night(s)? Thursday/Friday/Saturday?
    Note:The host hotel for the meet is the Courtyards by Marriott Mechanicsburg.

If you want to stay there, see details on http://www.Speedsterowners.com under the Events thread at

http://www.speedsterowners.com…15-hotel-information? reply=433084096497837290#433084096497837290

CRUISES and DINNERS

Yes! I???ll attend the Thursday evening cruise and dinner at the Caddy Shack………..please reserve ______ spots.
    * Order from menu, separate checks

Yes! I???ll attend the Friday morning countryside cruise to the fairgrounds .???………..please reserve ______ spots.

Yes! I???ll attend the Friday morning cruise and tour……………………………………….please reserve ______ spots.

* Tour the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (EMMR) in Latimore, Pennsylvania

* Admission is free, donations are accepted.
    * Cruise to the Carlisle Farigrounds for registration, lunch, etc.

Yes! I???ll attend the Gala Saturday Evening Awards dinner………………………………please reserve ______ spots.
    * Dinn
    er: $37.00 per person (includes service charge and state sales tax),
    must be paid by May 1

* Same great price as last year!

COMMENTS
    Do you need any additional information? Y ____ N ____
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

THis is my third post this afternoon regardign Carlisle.

If you are like me and navigate the forum using the “New Posts” link, please scroll up and read everything. There is important info up there, particularly about the need to RSVP to Bruce Stumpp.

A description of all events for the weekend is at:

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This news jsut in from Al Merklin on the Speedster Owner Group forum:

Courtyard Hotel room update…

With the reserved room count already at 38, we increased the room block for all three nights so we now have the entire hotel blocked until the reservation cut off date of April 16th.

Currently available :

43 rooms for Thursday

41 rooms for Friday

44 rooms for Saturday

Make those reservations now folks!

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

So we have:

Paul
    Schu
    Bill
    Ed
    Roy
    Allen (Newkitman)
    Jack
    Greg
    Vicenc
    Al Greig

That’s 10 members with 8 TDr’s. ??

Is everyone bringing their cars except Greg and Paul?

Anybody know about Wobby?Royal2015-01-16 22:15:34

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Looking good so far. Fingers crossed for Wobby’s return. He’s a good dude. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I am bringing my car. But it’s low, black and looks more like a Porsche than a TD. 😉

But still trying to figure out how I can bring both the Intermeccanica and the TDr.

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, invite one of those “friends” that are always so quick to tell you

“Always wanted one but….or
    “When I was going to college my roommate….or
    “I almost bought one….or
    “The hottest girl….etc

Derek
    Participant

@nobody

Or buy one of us west coasters a plane ticket, I’m sure we would be more than happy to help out! 😉

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

We need to get Paul a girlfriend. Who can drive a stick. No pun whatsoever intended.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Don’t need finding the girlfriend. 😉

I just need help rearranging her schedule! For the Carlisle weekend it would mean changing the birth date of her youngest daughter. That’s gonna be a challenge…going on sixteen, the young lady is sort of used to her birthday where it is.

Paul Mossberg

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

What a great sweet sixteen birthday present. Driving the MG to the party at Carlisle!????

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Oh yeah. What 16-year-old girl would not be absolutely thrilled by the prospect of spending her b-day with an endless herd of gray-haired male knuckleheads? Can’t miss!

Glad to hear it, Paul. You deserve a good woman. Hope to meet her some time.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks Ed. You will, some day!

Pretty sure you nailed the potential reaction of a 16 year old female to a weekend in Carlisle!

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Yeah Ed. Except for the gray-haired part. Paul doesn’t have any hair!! And I’m slowly catching up to him.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Ok. The wife and I are going to be in DC the week of Carlisle and are thinking of driving over for Fri and Sat. Based on the info above it looks like what I need to do for hotel resrv. is call the Courtyard and tell them I’m with the Speedster group and I should be able to get reservs. Correct? I won’t be bringing the TDr as I just finally was able to finish the Cobra. Anything else I need to do?

Sam

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Bring the Cobra!

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Just so every one knows . A friend of mine lives in the area and I plan on visiting him and his wife on Saturday night . Any group activities that are planned on Sat. night I will not be doing . Friday night will be open and Saturday all day .

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Schu, a couple of things…one the Cobra is still in the break in phase with only 170 miles on it to date and second, (and most important) the wife would not be up for that long a road trip in an open car.

Sam

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Sam,

No big deal – just messing with you – usually a contingent of Cobra guys at Carlisle as well. 
    My wife can only put up with 30-60 minutes of open top and she is done. I don’t understand it myself but what are you going to do?
    You will need to register with Bruce ( speedster group – Paul posted above ) to get included in the activities and also register with the Carlisle fairgrounds ( can wait till you get there but will save a few bucks now ).
    Hopefully we will have good weather and besides the big group cruise on Friday ( speedsters and TD’Rs ) we can do a TD cruise on Saturday as well. I like the fairground  but enjoy driving with like minded car buddies better. See you there     
    sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Ok. So since I won’t have a car and be going on any of the cruises, it looks like all I need to do is get resrv. at the Courtyard and get tickets to the show.

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Got reservations for 5/15 and 5/16. See you all there.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.