Carlisle 2021

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2021

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Folks, this year was a disaster and I’m sorry. Next year has gotta be better! Carlisle’s Import and Performance Nationals are scheduled for May 14 and the annual 20 percent off sale for tix is over on January 4.

Get ’em while they’re hot.

For those just joining us: this is typically the biggest meetup of TD Replica (and other replica) owners on the east coast. The Speedster Owner’s Group takes point and we get a hotel and set up meals and cruises and other activities to supplement hanging out on the show field, filling out our international map, haunting the swap meet and just generally marveling at all the automotive spectacularness that is this show. You are very welcome and encouraged to join us, with or without your competed TD replica. It’s all-ages and safe for wives, girlfriends, boyfriends and even pets—though pets are officially discouraged and better be leashed if you sneak them in.

If you registered with the Speedster Owner’s Group for last year’s show, and did not cancel and get a refund, I believe you’re good to go already for next year. I’ll update this thread shortly after the new year with confirmation.

As was the case last year, myself and Alan Merklin will be making arrangements.

As of now it looks like by showtime we’ll be in the middle of a vaccine rollout, so I expect there will still be masks and social distancing rules, particularly indoors. We shall see.

I do hope to see everyone this year.

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Assuming I am able to get the vaccine, I’m in.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Assuming we still have a functioning republic.

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I’m  chomping at the bit sick of this shut down world

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Non-update update: Merklin is still waiting to hear from the hotel. When we left it last year they agreed to move all reservations up as needed, but nothing is as-yet confirmed. I will let everyone know when I know.

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Got first covid shot Wednesday and have second scheduled for 2/25/21.  Carlisle looking better all the time.

Al

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Will need to pass on Carlisle this year.  Haven’t seen the grandkids in NC for over a year.  They will both be playing in baseball tournaments the same weekend as Carlisle.  Wife and I have gotten both doses if the vaccine and have decided the baseball tournament’s is a event we can’t miss.  Looking forward to 2022!

Al

dggrant
    Participant

@dggrant

Sorry guys: Nearly got to Carlisle last year and had them move my registration to this year but unfortunately it’s the same week as a long delayed family vacation abroad.

Have fun!!!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Sorry to hear, Dan and Al. For the rest of you: Carlisle is back this year, and we’re moving the hotel back to the Mechanicsville Courtyard by Marriott. There is a thread here which will be updated tonight with the new information. There will be more later.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Carlisle is happening this year. We are moving back to the old hotel.

There will also be a Saturday banquet option for those who want (highly recommend). Dinner is going to be $60 a head for a pretty impressive menu in a really nice place. Details to come.

What You Need To Do:  Our event dates are Thursday May 13th – Sunday
    May 16th .. some of us will arrive on Wednesday  May 12 .

Please call and reserve …ASAP:  Courtyard Marriott Gettysburg Rd Mechanicsburg, PA The room rate for either Queen or King is $129 plus the usual taxes.
    Call 717-766-9006 and be sure to mention Speedster Owner’s Group.

Check in is 4:00pm  (I assume that you can arrive earlier) and Check out is at Noon. Hotel reservation cut off date is May 1st 2021

Important: After you register, please…. post “Coming & how many ” on this thread.

Carlisle Car Show Event details and registration here :

Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals (carlisleevents.com)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Also: when purchasing your showfield sticker please check off the Speedster Owners Group under the “Affiliated Club” dropdown. That builds out head count and gets us a free canopy and chairs at the event.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I’ll be there. Coming out Thursday. Count me in for the Saturday banquet.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nice! Alan Merklin is going to be collecting the banquet money this year. He’s away for the week and will get back to us on his return.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Registered at Carlisle Events. I guess I’m committed.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

Audrey & I will be there fri. thru sunday can’t wait

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Glad to hear it, Bill!

Everyone: I am setting up two nice cruise routes for the group. They will both be at each person’s discretion, rather than trying to do a mass ride. The first one hits covered bridges and a winery. The other one is TBD.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I plan to call the hotel today and lock up a room. I will be there Thursday through Sunday morning.

I will be at the Banquet as well and looking forward to seeing all of you again!

I will see if any interest in a VA to PA ride up and will post on the Speedster site.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Still trying to reach Charity but for the last 3 days she is either out, just left or not working today..

Left message – hopefully reach her soon

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Charity was not available when I booked. Another employee took all info. Just let them know you’re with the Speedsters Group.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Signed up at the hotel – good to go

I am going to start a  UP to Carlisle Group ride thread shortly on the Speedster site and on here. I know we have Rick and myself that are headed up from here plus hopefully Dean with his new ride ( i know he is working hard and now the engine is  running great ) but has a few electrical issues he is working through before he is ready to go.  I know Ed is heading in as well but might be going straight over from Baltimore and might be going on Wednesday.

Hit me up if you are interested. All welcome to meet along the way at any point north.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Dale, post your planned route. I was just going to run 30 on out but if I could connect with you guys it’d be cool.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The Spyder is going to be housed in Building T on the fairgrounds. Not sure just when I’m heading up but I might do Wednesday and then drive it over and drop it off there Thursday a.m.

Currently re-doing the brakes after a mishap. New MC supposedly on the way.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Will do Bill – post up shortly

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Muster up, gentlemen. And remember to let Alan know on the Speedster forum thread (click that link!) if you’re coming to the banquet. Karen and I are already booked.

The Banquet dinner will be at Visaggio’s,  6990 Wertzville Road, Enola PA 17025 on Saturday May 15th at 6:30 PM.  Visaggio’s a well known higher end Italian restaurant that is 20 minutes from the Hotel. There are three entree’s for you to choose from. Please remit your PayPal payment:  Drclock@pa.net. ( Do not click this email, use it as the Payee on PayPal)  You must select “Personal Friends and Family Option”  box so that I do not incur a service charge for each transaction, if the that option is not selected the payment will be refused. Fare is $60 each and includes tax and gratuity. In the Pay Pal notes section let me know the number of persons and select A , B or C for the desired Entree. Due to the short notice on putting together the dinner, the dinner payments are non refundable. I will need to have this reservation-selection list completed and submitted to Visaggio’s by May 1.

All entree’s are served with Italian bread and salad. Desert bar Coffee Tea & Ice tea.

A    “ Crab Cake Barbara” Seasoned lump crab meat broiled & seasoned Crab Cakes & Pasta

B   “ Elena Marie” Medallions of Angus fillet w/4 jumbo shrimp in garlic butter over Linguine with                       Pecorino Romano cheese

“ Polo O’Lynda” Sauteed chicken breast w/ a four cheese  & tomato Madera wine sauce.          _________________________________________________________________________________

Raffle !

After the Banquet we will hold our Raffle in the Hospitality suite at the Hotel. We ask that you bring at least one Raffle item for the table. Raffle tickets will be $1 each of $5 for an arm’s length.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Registered for the banquet. Pay Pal is so easy.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.