Donner Car for a Ford Kit

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Donner Car for a Ford Kit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary Wilson
    Participant

@garywilson

My first attempt at posting,I have a CMC kit purchased in 1993. The assembly manual states that a1974-1980 pinto is recommenced.I have access to a 1971 pinto 2.0/4SP will this work.

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Gary welcome to the forum. We have several members that run the pinto engines, I’m sure they will chime in soon to help you out.  and again welcome to the forum.

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The early models using the 1.6 and 2.0 have different engine mounts. I can’t speak for the CMC, but my FiberFab frame was made to simply bolt in the mounts for the 2.3. That aside,   anything else should not be too hard to make work.

How about a MustangII doner? Same thing.

http://www.fordpinto.com/        Maybe you can find a newer doner here.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Gary Wilson
    Participant

@garywilson

Bill, the pinto (1971) has the engine and transmission, 2.0 and 4 speed that I would like to use.I have had several conversations with NYSDOT (New York State) as to requirements that will allow the car to be titled as a 2018 custom.The emission devices are minimal, PCV and preheated air intake.The newer the doaner car, additional devices required.
    What I am trying to determine is if anyone in the club has put a 2.0 from a 1971-1972 pinto into a CMC/Fiberfab kit. Please respond to this post. Thanks Gary

Magical
    Participant

@magical653

Cool~~~do it yourself

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.