Duchess Owners

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Duchess Owners

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Has anyone figured out a good way to secure the engine cover when doing simple work like adding oil or changing plugs?

A strap?  Rod? ??

Paul?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Works for me.
    Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Roy,  thanks for the pics and details but the Duchess engine cover opens the other way.  It is hinged on the bottom not the top.

So I need something to keep it from over extending. I could put a stick on the ground underneath it but that just doesn’t see very stable.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yes.

Classic Roadsters assembly manual says to just let the spare tire rest on the bumper. That works, but leaves a mark across the sidewall of tehspare.

For years I just used a couple straightened coat hangars. But I wanted something a little nicer in case I wanted to leave the engien cpover open at a show.

I bought some chain, cut it to the necessary length for each side and attached a couple small caribiner style clips to one end of each.

The links on the chain slip over the hooks on the engine cover. The caribiners clip through the holes on the latches that are attached to the body.

PMOSSBERG2013-03-07 14:56:32

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.