Fender stretching

Home Forums Fender stretching

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks Ed. Now we are at the root of the problem.

And my educated response… huh?!

Either Ed, or Allen, do you have access to a Windows computer? It would be helpful to know if you see the Add Media button when not on an Apple device.

Meanwhile, I will reach out to Stephen to see why this feature is missing.

add-media

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul. Using  my Windows Laptop and I do not see an Add Media button.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks Allen.

It’s starting to sound like this is driven by user access. I will talk with Stephen about opening this up to all users.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Progress.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Progress… albeit not measurable yet.  😕

I never really paid attention to it, but Stephen, Vincenc and I have “keymaster” under our screen-names, Ed is a “moderator.”  That’s one of the reasons I’m thinking this media thing is restricted by user access.

Paul Mossberg

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Paul,I know that Steven gave you and me access to the backend, that’s why we have the title of “keymaster.”  I assume that he also gave Ed access and that’s why he is a “moderator.”  We definitely have some features that other users don’t have and one of those is the ability to load media.  But there’s a way to load images for everyone.

The easiest way is to upload the image to a free image hosting service such as FlickrImageShack or Fotki and they will give you the bbcode for forums after you upload the image.  Simply copy it and add it to your post.

These are Flickr specific directions that Stephen posted in another thread:

To post Flickr images:

1. In Flickr, find your photo and click the Share link — the curved arrow, lower right-hand corner
    2. Choose BBCode from the top of the pop-up
    3. Choose an appropriate image size (that is not LARGE, maybe something like 150×150)
    4. Copy the url… code that is selected for you.
    5. In your TDReplica.com post, simply paste in the BBCode you just copied where you want the image to appear.
    6. You will see the raw BBCode in your posting. When you Submit it will be replaced with the actual image.

We also have a plugin that allows for inline image uploading.  It’s at the top right of the edit box that you use to write your forum posts.  It should allow you to insert photos from your computer by choosing a file in the source box.  There should be a button there with a file icon that would lead you to your files.  It’s not working in mine.  I have tried updating the plugins but it hasn’t helped so I’ll have to leave that fix in Stephen’s capable hands.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

When clicking on the Howdy, billnparts in the upper right corner a drop down menu appears. “Media” is the last item in this dropdown. clicking on “Media” produces another drop down offering Albums, Photos or Videos. It doesn’t matter which one you click as you are taken to the same screen with the same options. It’s just the one you choose comes up first. This is the screen resembling your “Upload Media” screen although that title bar does not appear. It is here that an “upload” prompt appears. This produces yet another drop down box with several options. The “Select Your Files” box allows you to search your computer for photos. Find your image and click “Open” and your photo appears in the Media screen. Right click “Copy”, go to the thread and “Paste”.

I have no “Add Media” button, screen or drop down.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Bill, you are a genius.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Allen Caron

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

PB230003-800x600.jpg

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I created a new user for myself without the admin privileges.

And can now see what most of you are seeing. The ADD MEDIA button does not appear on post page when I am logged in as a “participant.”

What Bill posted above is accurate. But still involves more steps.

Stay tuned friends.

Paul Mossberg

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Thanks, Vicenc. I’ve been called worse. What I posted is basically what Ed posted several months ago. I went searching for the “Add Media” prompt and posted every step. When I was finished and went back to look at what Ed had done, I found the steps were fairly identical. All kudos go to Ed.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

That Ed is alright in my book.  XD

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

progress…

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Here is the latest update on the picture posting issue.

I spoke with Stephen this afternoon. The ADD MEDIA button that he, Vincenc and I see is an administrative tool. When used, it adds media to the “system” folder, and not to an individual user. The function also allows the admin’s to delete anyone else’s media.

Bottom line, it is not appropriate to open up that function to all members.

Stephen is looking at other options. And hopes to have a solution by the holidays.

With that, we should leave this thread to the story of Ed’s awesome craftsmanship.

I will start a thread on picture under the Site folder.

Stay tuned!

Paul Mossberg

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Update on my fender-stretching project. It seems to be coming along. Doing the wiper plinths on the scuttle while I’m at it. 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Another day of progress. This seems to be working out pretty well so far.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Great work Ed!

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Excellent work Ed. Keep it up. Great that you didn’t need to pull the fenders, modify, reset and check, then rinse, lather, repeat.

Allen Caron

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Ed. After you get the fender work done and cleaned up, have you decided on a method to paint them? She’s coming along nicely.

Allen Caron

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Gonna rattle can them, I think. Duplicolor makes a match for about $10-$15 a can. Probably take 4 cans.

If I find a really nice, not too-expensive paint sprayer (SATA, say) before mid-spring I may shift focus.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hmmm. Thinking about it more, this may be in contention.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

That’s what I used to paint my 74 Karmann Ghia coupe. Real easy to use.

Allen Caron

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Decided to mod my spare tire carrier to accommodate the knock-off wire spare. It was easy enough that when I was done I decided to complicate it.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Ed,

Looks great — but it needs to have one of those fine Stafast covers with the center cut-out on the spare — it would look really nifty with the knock-off sitting proud of the cover….or maybe your true-luv can make you a British Flag cover for the spare to go along with the Tonneau you have on the car!!

And how about making/adapting a luggage carrier to the rig.  I’ve been trying to figure out how to do that to my BCW but have not had much success…….

Again, really great use of your cutting and welding prowess.  Keep up the great work and posts.

As to the posts, your having the Blog and just posting the “highlighted in red” hidden link is a great alternative to posting pictures on the TDR site.  How difficult was it to set up your Blog?

Keep the welder hot and the cut-off wheels sharp!!

Happy Jack

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.