Fiberfab bumper parts source

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Fiberfab bumper parts source

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Royse Ader
    Participant

@royse

Greetings,

I’m looking for parts sources for my 78′  Fiberfab TD. The car I’ve rescued from my mechanics graveyard came without a front bumper/ S brackets/etc. Also missing the badge bar, fog lamps, and misc. other things.

Am I correct that what I need is a pre-1968 VW bumper? Looks like it to me. I’ve restored a lot of classics, but none have been VW or kit based so any help would be great.

I have the info for MG Magic but would like other sources as well. Always good to have more than one place that will take your money.

Thanks, Royse

Keith True
    Participant

@keith-true

After a few years of looking around I have found they are the only place to get anything bodywise.There are hundreds of places to get the VW parts.He had some front bumper seconds awhile back,I got a couple of them,if you need a top you ought to get it now,he is not sure how long he is going to be making them.I found boat canvas shops talk a good story,but in the end their product comes nowhere near the quality of his tops.He is all done with carpet,although he still has some red and burgundy in stock for the VW based cars.The boat shop fellow here told me maybe $400.for the top.I showed him the material,how it was to be done with fitted and zippered side curtains and the price went to $1000. I think I paid $545.each for the last two tops I got from Brad.That includes side curtains.So,if you go out pricing tops make sure you are pricing apples for apples.It won”t take long to put a couple of thousand into a toy car,but if you keep it under cover it will last a long time.

garycoughlin@yahoo.com
    Participant

@garycoughlin

Try antlantaimported.com for parts.  They carry all parts for original MGTDs.  Some parts will fit.

Royse Ader
    Participant

@royse

Keith, Gary..

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Royse

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

OOPS A typo in Gary’s post //// thats ATLANTAIMPORTS.COM

Royse Ader
    Participant

@royse

Thanks Bill,

Another question… on my MiGi, the “S” brackets that hold the front/rear bumpers. Are these VW?? If so, I can’t seem to locate.  And the bumpers.. they are VW pre-68 correct?

Like I said before… I’ve restored quite a few cars. Mostly US manufacture from the 40’s-50’s, but VW based is new to me.

By the way… these buggers corner like a go kart!

Thanks all… sure have learned a lot on this site so far. I appreciate the help.

Keith True
    Participant

@keith-true

Royse,the brackets are not VW,and the bumpers are not either.VW bumpers are much more curved.They will hit the tires in the front and the fenders in the rear.MG Magic has all of it,I just bought rear brackets for a car I am finishing.It is pretty hard to not cannibilize the unbuilt one I have.It may happen yet,as since I advertised it I have gotten piles of people wanting the fenders,W/S,bumpers,top,dash,wiring harness,chrome,lighting,upholstery,instruments,and most of all the grille shell.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Badge bars are nothing more than deck rails for boats. Any decent boat supply (West Marine, etc.) should have the two mounts and be able to supply a length of “bar” to fit your needs.

By the way, boat hardware is the “way to go” with hardware on the bodies of these cars. The chrome and stainless steel are much higher quality than any used FiberFab stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Fiberfab bumper parts source’ is closed to new replies.