Finished my 1952r ff

Home Forums General Discussion Finished my 1952r ff

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Well put a new 1600 dual port turn key motor from jcs in caluf.complete with everything on it.put two new heater boxes.new exhust .5 new mich tires.new break drums.wheel cyclinders.break shoes.break lines.new berg warner clutch .pressure plate throw out bearing.new clutch cable.new throttle cable.pulled shift rod.new bushing.new coupler.sanded floor pan down primed it and rhino lined floor pan inside and underneath.put new clutch Pedal.and rebuilt clutch pedal and break pedal assy.just finished installing all new carpet from mg majic.new top .new side curtains .new tanuo cover.new top boot.car is finished put my new mg td replica badge on today and ready to go.Joe atkind2015-12-07 15:07:08

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

gotta see photos to prove it   Thumbs Up

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Boy, this is a tough crowd. 😆

I’ve seen the same thing in the speedster forum…without pictures, it’s still a dream. LOL.
    Congrats on getting your car on the road Joe.
    And I do look forward to seeing pics!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

I have tried to post pics but says my pics or to large and smallest I can get them is 2.8

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

I will try to take some with different camera tomorrow so the non belivers can see it.Joe atkind2015-12-07 15:54:07

Rich Kallenberger
    Participant

@kall

Two things about pictures for this site:
    1. There are a number of free programs on the Inet to resize pictures, either by shrinking them in size or reducing the resolution. I like to take digital photos at a medium resolution, good enough for a sharp 5 x 7 print. When I need something for a web site or the small screen, then I resize it.
    2. I agree that an Ipad is not the best instrument for uploading pictures although it is really convenient for many things, like sitting in my recliner writing this post.
    Keep at it. The pictures add so much to the car’s story.
    🙂 Kall2015-12-07 16:15:15

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

If you use Windows, you can open your pictures in MS Paint and resize them that way and save them (I use a different name so I can keep the larger original).  MS Paint is automatically included with every version of Windows, so no need to buy anything.  The only problem with Paint is that you have to right-click on the picture file you want and select “Open With” in order to select Paint.  Windows won’t default to open pictures with Paint … if it does, I don’t know how to do that.johnsimion2015-12-07 16:34:23

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

To prove it hu

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Joe,

If you are running Windows…

Open in Microsoft Office (Picture manager)

Select Edit

Select Compress (at bottom of list on right hand side)

Under “Compress for:” at top of right column, select Documents

Click OK

Click save.

PMOSSBERG2015-12-07 22:26:48

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Joe you should be proud of your build. I sounds like you have spend a whole bunch on your project. The only problem with these TDr’s, is there is a dollar price point of “diminishing returns” on our investment. Like you I have spent a bunch to $ to restore my Classic Roaster Dutchess. I know it will become one of my pass on legacies to my grand kids. Hopefully in 15 to 20 years, these cars will be worth something. I too look forward to seeing your project. Good Luck with it.

On the square

Dave

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Dave I have spent a few bucks on my mgtd ff but only because it was something I enjoyed doing.it wasn’t for profit but for love of the car.I enjoy driving it and showing it.this us my 3rd mgtd r. But this one a bought from a 83 yr old lady that had it in her garage and was the only owner of this car it had actually demented 2600 miles on it. As soon as I can get some pics on here I will or if some one will let me email them some I will. Thank you for email I enjoy hearing from owners that love there cars and actually drive them.Joe atkind2015-12-08 10:33:39

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ah…demented miles. The best kind! Wink

Joe, I emailed you the basic steps for adding pictures to a post. 
    One additional comment, if you are replying to an existing post, you only see the “tree” icon in the Full Reply Editor. Click this icon   to open Full Reply Editor.

This icon  is the insert image link. Click it and you will launch the upload dialogue box.

Paul Mossberg

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Ok will try that thank you for all the help

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

ok downloaded 4 pics thanks to my granddaughters help but not sure where they went,i will take some of engine carpartment tomorrow with new motor and of upholstery  and post them again thank to everyone that helped me with this,

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Joe tks for ur post. If you would send me your email address to my IM on this site, I will send you some pics of my complete restoration of Herbie. I have an iPad and it will not up load pics to TDr.com. The only problem is finishing the small details on my car, because living in Florida, I rarely put the top up, and drive it almost every day.

😛

Dave

Dave

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

dave my email address os jwinger1200@aol.com

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Joe,

Your pictures are all in your folder in the photo gallery.  I linked to them below.
    As far as where the pictures went…all pictures go into a folder with your name on it in the photo gallery. Click the link on the left, then the “Full Member Photo Gallery” link underneath “More Member Photos”

I suspect you started to post a reply to this thread and uploaded the pictures. That adds them to the draft post and stores them in your folder in the photo gallery. I bet you then closed the draft post without actually clicking “Post Reply” button

PMOSSBERG2015-12-08 16:23:17

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Very nice car.

You do good work Joe! Clap

Paul Mossberg

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Thank you tomorrow I’ll take some of engine compartment and the new uhpostry

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

I like that metal trim on sides of the back, next to spare wheel. Looks so much like my car in red yet those kinds of things make all these cars a little different.

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Thanks I put the trim on engine cover because alot of the real mgtds had that on them.bought to at advance auto parts in a roll.cheap and look good.

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Great looking car, Joe!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah, nicely done! 

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Nice car! Would love to see more pics!

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

WOW! Your car really “Pops” Joe, y all did a great job. Did you repaint the car? The red color really is sharp on your TD. I hope you got the pics of Herbie, I sent to your email. My Yahoo email has been kinda screwy lately, maybe not.

Dave

Dave

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.