first drive

Home Forums General Discussion first drive

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Russell Boulanger
    Participant

@russlb

Friday the 24th I took my first ride.  just a few miles how I have to figure out where the extra noises are coming from. I have a vaccum leak the car sat 8 years something dryed up, I’ll shoot some ether around and fine it. Xmas day is perfect day for a ride it’s in the 60’s and sunny  (Florida)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Congratulations on the first drive!

My first drive was also in December.

December 1982…in New Jersey. IT SNOWED!

Enjoy the Florida 60s and sun!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Wait till May, zoom zoom   Dan

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good on ya, Russ. Coming up for Carlisle?

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

RussLB wrote:
    Friday the Th I took my first ride.  just a few miles how I have to figure out where the extra noises are coming from. I have a vacuum leak the car sat 8 years something drayed up, I’ll shoot some ether around and fine it. Xmas day is perfect day for a ride it’s in the W’s and sunny  (Florida)

Russ:

Welcome and enjoy, BTW remember to join the registry we need to up our numbers in Florida.

Nothing could be finer and to drive a TD in Florida (all year long).

Mel

luvmytd40538.4724652778

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

OK Mel, now you are just running it in!

I’m looking at 15 to 18 inches of snow by this time tomorrow!

Somebody get a Mossberg shotgun and shoot me now! (Heck, if I’m gonna go, it might as well be courtesy of family!! )

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

looking like 18″ up here in CT also. Not good weather for the ride back to baltimore. Glad we didn’t take the TD; might’ve if I’d got the front wheels back on her in time.

Karen got me a RAF pilot’s helmet, so I’ll be ready to drive Bridget all year round.

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Guys:

Sorry for rubbing it in but gotta admit after living 64 years in NY I earned it.

Stay warm and safe

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

It is just to cold here I’ll dive her ‘ Dixie Cup’ in the spring Dan

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Still cold here in Ohio too.  Suppose to get up to about 50 Saturday.  If it’s dry I may try a short ride.  Somewhere, I still have my artic parka from the AF.   It kept me really warm back then.  

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Geez…up there in the north and you don’t have heaters in your cars? What’s up with that? If mine was built I’d drive if as much as possible. And with the heater on if necessary. But that’s me…a former Massachusetts guy. (The good part…western mass.)

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I got a great heater and even A/C, but the heat only warms about the lower half.  Still got the wind, lots of wind.  I only use the top in case of rain. 

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Montie.

On a cool autumn afternoon the top up even without the side curtains is warmer then with no top at all.  I don’t have side curtains so my cold weather testing is somewhat limited.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Rob,

I tried the top up once.  Just not the same.  I also tried the side curtains  what a pain..  For me, it’s top down if it ain’t rainin..  I’d rather bundle up.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I’m w/ Montie – don’t even have a top – if it rains just duck and drive faster!

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

68 in Kentucky today.  Planed the wood for a dash, put a moto-meter on the rad cap, and took a short drive (top down) in the Fiberfab migi!  Life is good!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.