Ford TDr in Washington State

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Ford TDr in Washington State

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KentT
    Participant

@kentt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MG-T-Series-TD-1953-mg-td-replica-/271225905894?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f2652e2e6&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182

Interesting side note – seller describes having a custom “top” made for it like a boat cockpit cover.  Imagine a tonneau that fits to the top of the windshield frame and then slopes to the back of the tub.  Would certainly shed rain much better than a regular tonneau…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

What grabbed my attention was that reference to a heater that would “melt you out even with the top down.” My Lafer has heat, but it’s mainly just a defroster. No cabin heat to speak of, even in what passes for winter down here.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

One advantage of the Ford and Chevy kits — hot water heater core… 

Though they’re not nearly as common as they used to be, you can buy aftermarket heaters in different size heater cores with multiple fan speeds.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

In winter, with the roof up and curtains on, my stock VW heater boxes will roast the occupants.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

My Lafer came from Brazil without any heat. I guess it doesn’t get cold down there. When I replaced the exhaust I had a heater box added, but there’s only one lever on the floor by the parking brake and all I get is some feeble air through the defrost vents above the dash. Not a major problem, as I usually get by OK with just a knit cap, leather jacket and gloves on those few days when it dips below 40 degrees. 😐

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Bill,

Take a look at this thread…

It covers the basics of the VW heat. I’m not sure what MP Lafer did. But the VW Heater boxes, designed to heat the four passenger Beetle, are more than able to heat our two passenger cars.

With that, and living by the forum rules, let’s continue this discussion in the “Adding Heat” thread. Wink

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Thanks, Paul. Now that you point out that thread, I recall posting there some time ago, too. (Having grown up in a military family, I’m all for living by the rules.) Handshake

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Relisted, at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MG-T-Series-TD-1953-mg-td-replica-/271230440207?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f2698130f&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182

Previous listing went to $2850 without meeting the Reserve Price…

KentT2013-06-28 08:05:05

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

He should be proud of the polish job, but I never would have shown the before pictures when trying to sell the car.

Phil
    Participant

@phil

This car is located about 30 minutes from me.  If someone is interested, I could try to go see it for them.
    Phil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.