Forum Software Update

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues Forum Software Update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

@frankied

While working on the picture upload issue for mrlmd, I discovered a software update. According to the vendor site, it should prevent SPAMMERS from even registering. ( I know this would make Paul very happy) We are running code 10.03 and the current stable code is 10.11. Because we purchased the licensed copy, our upgrade is FREE. 

I will be preparing to make the upgrade but not 100% sure when I will be able to to do it. I am leaving on the 4th to go on vacation to Bonaire and the wife will only allow me to use the internet to update facebook with pictures of vacation…

I’ll keep everyone posted on when I plan on doing the update and how long the site will be down during the upgrade. I will try and plan the upgrade late in the evening since that’s when we have the fewest users online.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Terrific!
    Thank you Frank!

Enjoy your vacation!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Thanks for your hard work. It is greatly appreciated. Enjoy your vacation in Bonaire.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Enjoy your vacation !!  

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Thanks everyone. My work has me travel quite a bit. Last year I went to Japan, Guam, Belgium, France, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Germany, Hawaii, Las Vegas, California, Colorado, Korea and probably a place or two that I’m forgetting. It will be nice to take the family with me and being their first time out of the U.S. and fist time to the Ocean, other than a day trip to Corpus Christi with now swimming involved. We plan to do a ton of snorkeling and I hope to have they try their hand at a dive or two. This is going to be a much needed family bonding experience for us.

BTW, I was just up in San Angelo Tx and saw a TD build on a VW chassis. Didn???t get up close or talk to the drive (we were going opposite directions) but was awesome to see him out on the road with it.

Marc Lipsius
    Participant

@mrlmd

I’ve been to Bonaire 3 or 4 times on scuba diving trips with a group of friends, and it’s great for that. The water is crystal clear and there are lots of incredible dive sites, that’s what the island is famous for. And that’s about it, not much else to do or see, except the salt production. Enjoy yourself, don’t eat too much goat (about the only meat you can get there), and hope you like Amstel (was the only beer you could buy [Dutch] when I was there last. Be prepared for the hot sun!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Mmmmm…goat!

Funny story, not my own, but from a colleague.

My company owns a development firm that happens to be based in Nepal. Our CIO, Perry, was in Nepal on a two week business trip.

Over the weekend, he joined our Nepalese colleagues on a hike into the mountains. A goat was walking along with them on the out-bound hike. Perry truly thought it was someone’s pet.

At the “turn-around point,” the hikers enjoyed a wonderful bar-b-q.

But the pet goat was no where to be seen.

And, um, he was not walking with the group on the way back in!

PMOSSBERG2012-05-03 20:33:30

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum Software Update’ is closed to new replies.