Hi!

Home Forums Site Membership Hi!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

@nobody

Hey, new member here. I tried signing up a few days ago but had troubles activating so here I am.

I am the proud new owner of a (I believe) Fiberfab ’52 TD on a ’71 beetle chassis. Got her up and running and am currently working on wiring. Will be coming back with plenty of questions! 
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Hi, and welcome!  Even though these TDrs are relatively electrically trouble free, they all seem to come with a fair share of electrical problems.  Not to worry, once fixed, they stay that way, unlike the Lucas equipped originals.  

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello and welcome to the group. Where are you located in Northern Ca? I am in Fremont Ca.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Welcome aboard. Always great to have another member.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Welcome to the forum . i’m near Sac. 

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome!

Glad to have you!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Welcome.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

welcome

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Welcome from western welcome from Western New York

dggrant
    Participant

@dggrant

Welcome aboard! Smile

Court Wizard
    Participant

@court-wizard

welcome aboard.
    I’m in sunny SoCal.

No trees were injured in the making of this message, but some electrons were inconvenienced.

Derek
    Participant

@nobody

Thanks all!

Royal wrote:
    Hi, and welcome!  Even though these TDrs are relatively electrically trouble free, they all seem to come with a fair share of electrical problems.  Not to worry, once fixed, they stay that way, unlike the Lucas equipped originals.  

Well so far going good, blinkers don’t work yet but we are getting there. Gotta get relays and everything too, it was pretty much stripped when I got it..

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

welcome somebody

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome to the group. 

trouble with electricals on these things mostly=bad grounds. Find your ground strap(s) and re-attach them clean, then add two more. Then start trouble-shooting.
    Also: the brake light switch is in the master cylinder. It’s low down and crusty (usually). ANd you probably have a spare already attached. If the brakes aren’t lighting the lamps, switch switches and try again. That worked for me.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.