I need a vdo speedometer.

Home Forums General Discussion I need a vdo speedometer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davis
    Participant

@oldnslow

I need a vdo black face speedometer, for VW cable drive, like the one that came with the Grand Duchess kit. Mine is broke beyond repair.

Thanks,

Mike

Text 41786zero5535

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

There is a speedometer repair shop in Southern California. It might be called SoCal speedo shop, yet I will look for the proper name.
    https://www.nhspeedometer.com

They just did the speedometer for my 1967 VW Beetle. It wasn’t fast, yet there are few places left that work on old speedometers anymore.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mark. Reason: Added information
    Michael Davis
    Participant

@oldnslow

Thanks Mark, Ive looked into repairs. For a few hundred more than a repair of this old ugly speedo, I could get a complete set of vintage style new VDOs.  Im hoping to find a working speedo for a few bucks and just get by until I am ready to buy the complete set from VDO or others.

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I had luck on eBay when I needed one.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I have 1  I will  PM you my ph#

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

look on http://www.thesamba.com in the classifieds under general parts click in search vdo gauges there is a guy that has what you are looking for

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

I’m a little late with my suggestion! I bought a new VDO speedometer and the cable conversion to mate an analog cable to the electronic speedo. It did not go well. The calibration procedure was less then accurate regardless of what method I tried. When I got a reasonable result on the odometer, the needle was swinging all over the place (20 mph swings) and useless!
    Finally I gave up and bought the gps module from VDO that was compatible with my digital speedometer. Installation was very easy and I followed VDO’s instructions for the simple setup. It worked great! The result was dead on with the speedometer apps on my phone! The module picks up the satellites very quickly and is ready to go in seconds.  I mounted it under the “hood” of my VW Fiberfab. Extremely satisfied – you would be hard pressed to see any difference with a factory speedometer in a new car. All for your consideration. Gregg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.