Introducing myself

Home Forums General Discussion Introducing myself

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DonsMG
    Participant

@donsmg

Hi folks, I just this morning joined the club.

A little over 2 years ago I bought a Fiberfab MGTD (Ford) kit on ebay. Most of the kit was untouched and still in the original bags. The running gear had been transfered to the Fiberfab frame from the doner, a 78 Pinto from what I can tell. The engine however is a new ’78, 2.3L Ford that has never been fired up.

After sitting for 25+ years there was a bit of rust, especially on doner parts that I had to clean up and paint or in some cases replace by new.

It’s been a slow process (never enough spare time) but I am now well along on the assembly with only the windshield, interior, top and doors remaining. I have taken a few photos along the way that I will post when I get them organized.

I am looking forward to trading stories and asking a few questions that have come up during the build process.

Don Loveless
    Ford Pinto Fiberfab
    Rochester, MI

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Don, Welcome to the forum.Glad to hear of the progress you’re making on your car.We look forward to hearing your stories and seeing pictures. This forum is all about sharing our successes and yes our failures as well. It feels good to be able to help someone especially when our experience can make it easier for one who is starting out in this exciting hobby.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome, Don, and congrats on your build. Look forward to seeing some shots of it and hearing about your final approach.  

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Hey Don. Welcome to the club. I too got a kit that was still unbuilt. Been working on it a little here and there. This is a great club and the folks here are very knowledgeable and friendly and willing to help out. So if you have questions just sing out. You’ll get answers.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Don,…Welcome to the forum.  Nice to hear of a “new” Ford powered replica.  There’s lots of good help here so don’t be shy, ask if you have any questions. Good Luck and post pictures!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Don,

Welcome!

This is an awesome place, with great people, who also happen to be very knowledgeable!

Click the registry link in my signature and post the info about you and your car, OK?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

DonsMG
    Participant

@donsmg

I have included here a couple of the pictures of the kit as shown on ebay and a few of the photos of my progress on the project. I’m hoping to complete and be on the road by next summer.

Don Loveless
    Ford Pinto Fiberfab
    Rochester, MI

DonsMG
    Participant

@donsmg

Well, only one picture appeared in my reply above but the rest found their way to “DonsMG” Gallery. I guess it will take awhile for me to figure out the details of posting.

Don Loveless
    Ford Pinto Fiberfab
    Rochester, MI

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Hello and Welcome  we are always glad to have another member, Dan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.