MGTD Ute

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits MGTD Ute

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Damn, you really are a builder.  Beautiful work. 

I love the MGTruckr but the Morgan 3Wr is beautiful.
    (One might think me odd to prefer the Morgan, but “one” would have to go to the tail of a looong line.) 

The only sports car which will still on my bucket list when I go, is a 4/4 or a Plus 4 (Triumph engine please).  If I were 20+ years younger, I could really “get into” Morgan reproductions. 

Jim saunders
    Participant

@jsaunders

Engine is a Honda CX500 V twin. Ahead of it’s time , it lends itself to the 3 wheeler nicely. I use the rear end to propel
    The machine.
    Have a second one started ….. Oh what fun to drive!

Jim saunders
    Participant

@jsaunders

honda CX500

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Fun for sure. These guys can’t even stop laughing. Someone says they’re $45,000 though. Really? That’s more than all the cars I’ve ever owned–put together. Including the cash I spent putting them together!

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Ed, those things are handmade so they are expensive but I would love to have one.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Jim saunders
    Participant

@jsaunders

There is a good program on utube. “How it’s Made” that shows the Morgan 3 wheeler being built.
    A decked out 3 wheeler goes for $75,000. That’s why I had to build one ….. Or 2 or 3.

I have had a lot of comments made when I drive up in a TD replica ….. But nothing like the 3 wheeler!

I plan to do a book on how to build your own 3 wheeler if there is enough interest .

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Please do – I am interested – love to build one with a Honda or anything else for that matter.

I do plan to downsize the house and upsize the garage one of these days soon when I move farther south.
    Not sure my wife agrees but I just keep saying it so hopefully it sinks in as inevitable.
    Then on to more of the projects like yours. 
    Jim saunders
    Participant

@jsaunders

V twin from a Honda GL 500 (Silverwing). Not overly popular bikes …… but make GREAT 3 wheelers!

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.