More professional Help !

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits More professional Help !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

@srupcmike

I am not the most, lets say Knowledgeable, No wait lets say Handy when it comes down to doing work on vehicles. I have learned over the years what my limitations are…. I bought a VW Based MiGi MGTD from a reverand in Fl. off E-bay. Someone else won the bid but didn’t want it. So he called me coincidentally while I was on vaca. down in Atlanta. I drove with a friend from Atlanta to Fl. and bought the car. I planned on driving it to my friends place get it checked out and make the long drive back to Jersey. Well I never made it to my friends house. I got cut off going thru an intersection and Slammed on the brakes… I bottomed out in the middle of the intersection and snapped the belt. Drove 6 miles before I realized it. Blew the motor. had it towed back to the Rev. house went back 2 weeks later with my Pick-up and a trailer and towed it up to NJ. I had the motor rebuilt by a VW shop in Old Bridge,  did an ok job but it took a Year to rebuild with no Air filter or e-Brake. Thats’ my story.. I need help fixing my baby.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome to the MG madness!

There is a ton of knowledge here. So start asking questions.

And step number one in your cure is to buy a copy of John Muir’s How to Keep Your volkswagen Alive

(click the book title)

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

WOW!!!  With a start like that ,things have got to get better.I bet that REV. did a double take when you had it towed back to his house.Post some pictures when you can and let us know how the work progresses.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Why I insist on gettin’ my cars delivered….

Sorry for your troubles. At least now you got a nice rebuilt engine. E-brake and air filter is easy. Welcome to the group. Where in Jersey would you be settin?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.