Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas new member

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mike
    Participant

@schweppes

PMOSSBERG40553.5970949074

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Schweppes, Welcome to the forum. That’s a beautiful BCW. I’m assuming by your user name and what look to me like the Scweppes Edition badges on the car ,that it is one of the 50 or less cars produced for the promotion the beverage company ran in the 1980’s. Thanks for sharing the pictures and joining the gang here.I’m sure you know that you have a rare and special car and it seems to be in great condition. As a fellow BCW owner ,I am anxious to learn  more about it.Please ask any questions you may have and tell us more about the car

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome aboard Schweppes!

Tell us some more about the car!

And please take a moment to add your info to the registry thread (the link is in my signature)

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Welcome to the group!  I love yellow cars!

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Hi Schweppes. welcome to the group. your car looks great I like the yellow   Dan

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Welcome to the group.  Great looking car!  Can’t wait to hear more about it.

Montie

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah, what they said. My Bridget’s a BCW too, but of the VW persuasion. Hope to hear more from you.

mike
    Participant

@schweppes

thanks for all your kind words.

Never thought i would ever own this type of car. In ’93 my son was looking for a house in Long Island, NY. His in-laws live there and they always drove them. One week-end they asked us to drive them. We saw one house, the MGTD was in the garage. Make a long story short, my kids bought the house and I bought the car.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Does this mean that you have owned the car since 1993?

Is it as well preserved as the pictures show or have you done some restoring?

How many miles are on it?

Hope I’m not being too nosey.Wink  

mike
    Participant

@schweppes

sorry, had the wrong year, the car was purchased in 2003. The car had no restoration. It sat in the owners garage, just used it for parades. Since 2003 it is mostly in my garage. Used very rarely.

You are not being nosey at all.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Schweppes  get in the car and drive”used very rarely”  OK so it IS a little cold up there,,, May would be a good time . as I sit here looking out of my window at SNOW 6 inches and in the 20s I think it must be time to move SOUTH ,,Key West sounds good .with no mountains .. Dan

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Yeah if you move ya gotta move further south than middle Georgia…at least down to the villages near Ocala, FL. We here are still hoping for the snow and ice to melt sometime today. And not having a garage or workshop makes building the TD in the backyard the pits right now. 

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I agree with Dan R, It is definately time to move south.  Got 4 to 5 inches of fresh powder in Ohio today..Montie

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Two feet on Dec 27. And half a foot a few days ago.

And looking at another foot by mid Wednesday! that will ptu NJ well over the average for the season! And our worst snows are usually in February and March!

I’m running around the neighborhood attacking snow men with hairdryers!
    Get me out of here!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Paul, you got that 1776 installed yet?

mike
    Participant

@schweppes

I am in florida for a few months, but the car is in new jersey. Next year will put the car in my trailer and bring it down south.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ha! No. Working on it slowly. But I have no garage to work in. One side is occupied by my ’65 Plymouth Satellite. And the other side with a bunch of “stuff” that belongs in the basement that I do not have>

The MG lives in a shed behind the house. Gravel floor with a tarp over the gravel. Not a comfy working place. And at the moment blocked by snow which is being added to as I write this.

She WILL be on the road before Carlisle!

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.