New Member— also assistance requested!

Home Forums Site Membership New Member— also assistance requested!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Radzin
    Participant

@marco_lardo

Hi, new member here in Connecticut.

Not a current owner of a TD replica, but seeking one, as I fell in love with them the first time I drove one.

On that note, does anyone have experience registering one of these in CT? I’m sure it’s possible, but I’m not able to readily get information from the DMV. They have a VERY stringent and difficult inspection process for kit cars, but they are tailored around people who have assembled their own custom cars or hot rods that need a ViN assigned. The requirements seem to be a little different for cars registered out of state (i.e. a used car such as I would be getting). I just need to be clear on exactly how different, and what the expectations are, before moving on a TDr… I know the fee is waived and it’s a “courtesy inspection”, but it would be great to know if I still need to do the paperwork, and what that inspection entails.

Any help is appreciated!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Mark Radzin.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

SEMA has a terrific “Tag and Title” toolbox.

You may have this already, but here is a link to Connecticut’s requirements:

https://www.semasan.com/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_CT.pdf

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I’m 78 this week and have decided to sell my MGTDr.  I almost sold it a few months ago to a fellow on this site, but the deal fell apart at the end.  If you are interested, please give me a call.  It still has not been advertised.  I will be out of town until 9/26 but would be willing to talk about my TDr experiences and compare them to my real MGTF-1500 that I owned for 16 years.

Roy, at 252 671 0067 in New Bern, NC.  Leave me a text because I usually don’t answer calls from people that I don’t know.  I’ll call you back.

Mark Radzin
    Participant

@marco_lardo

Thanks for the replies (FWIW I know New Bern well— my kids go to Camps Seagull/Seafarer).

The CT inspection process was simply more than I could deal with, luckily I found out that cars titled in-state require NO inspection… you simply bring the paperwork to the DMV and everything is easy.

so I started looking for a car in CT, which limited my options. I did not locate an MGTD replica, but I was able to find something that will do for now… but that’s another thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.